Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
animal appearance attached base belonged bird body bone British cells character closely colour common considered consists contained corresponding covered deposit described distinct doubt Edinburgh examined exhibited existence extended extremity feet fish four genus give given hand head House inches interesting iron John known larger late latter length less lower male margin marked mass measures minute muscle Museum Natural Natural History nearly notice observed obtained occasional occur opening organ passed Plate polyp portion present probably Professor published rare rays referred remains remarks resemblance rocks rounded sand says seems seen sent shells short showing side similar single skull Smith Society species specimen spines stones structure surface tail taken tentacles tion upper various whole young zoophyte
120. oldal - How happy could I be with either, Were t'other dear Charmer away!
366. oldal - First Report of a Geological Reconnoissance of the Northern Counties of Arkansas...
373. oldal - Freya slylifer, n. sp., TSW (PI. IX) . — Several species of a genus of Protozoa were described by me several years ago under the generic title of Lagotia. It appeared, however, that Claparede and Lachmann had already constituted the genus Freya for animals evidently belonging to my genus Lagotia, in a memoir which they had communicated to the French Academy, which memoir, however, was not published until after the publication of my paper constituting the genus Lagotia. The species of Freya discovered...
301. oldal - Nobody, however, who has paid any attention to the peculiar features of our present era, will doubt for a moment that we are living at a period of most wonderful transition, which tends rapidly to accomplish that great end to which, indeed, all history points — the realization of the unity of mankind.
267. oldal - PRESIDENT, in the Chair. The following gentlemen were balloted for, and elected ordinary members:—Rev.
258. oldal - The following donations to the library were laid on the table, and thanks voted to their respective donors : — ' The Transactions of the China Branch of the Royal Asia, tic Society
237. oldal - ... forms ; and thus we find that there are often three, four, or even more forms of spicula in the same individual. The author therefore, in describing them, proposes to treat of these organs in the following order : — 1. Spicula of the skeleton. 2. Connecting spicula. 3. Defensive spicula. 4. Spicula of the membranes. 5. Spicula of the sarcode. 6. Spicula of the gemmules.
86. oldal - Sharp, will be found in the Transactions of the Entomological Society of London for 1878, and later volumes; and of the Hemiptera, by Mr.
37. oldal - He afterwards found that Mr Huxley had also doubted, previously to Mr Gosse and himself, whether the thread-cells of the Eolidae were not adventitious. Here were three independent observers to whom the idea has suggested itself; Mr Huxley had first hinted it ; Mr Gosse suggested it, and how it might be found to be true ; Dr Strethill Wright also had suggested it, and given two instances in corroboration of his opinion, and...