The Aged Christian's Cabinet; Containing a Variety of Essays, Conversations and Discourses, Adapted to the Improvement, Consolation and Animation of Aged Christians
T. and J. Swords, 1829 - 451 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adam afflictions aged Christian aged person aged reader animal assured Barzillai bear blessed body called Canaan certainly character charming Chimham consolation David death Deuteronomy earth eleventh hour Eliphaz enjoy eternal everlasting evil express fail faith Father favour feelings felicity flesh frequently fruit fulness Gibeah glory God's Gospel grace gratitude grave hand happiness hath heart heaven heavenly holy honour hope indulge infirmities Israel Israelites Jacob Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jordan king labour lamp land of Goshen live Lord Jesus marriage mercy Messiah mind morning mortality Moses Mount Ephraim nature ness old age painful pass Paul peace perceive pious possess prayer present produce promise Psalm receive redeemed rich righteous saints salvation Saviour scenes Scriptures servant sinner sins sleep Son of God sorrow soul Spirit strength tears temper thee things thou shalt throne tion truth unto vile body walk Zophar
260. oldal - The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
27. oldal - Those that be planted in the house of the Lord: shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age: they shall be fat and flourishing; To show that the Lord is upright; he is my rock : and there is no unrighteousness in him.
251. oldal - So shall'. thy seed be,) and being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb ; he staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. And being fully persuaded, that what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
397. oldal - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
237. oldal - And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran ; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan ; and into the land of Canaan they came.
197. oldal - She shall be brought unto the King in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
115. oldal - The days of our years are threescore years and ten; And if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, Yet is their strength labour and sorrow; For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
284. oldal - For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ; who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
56. oldal - Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.