Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action ages Almighty apostle appear Assyria Author become believe blessings body bring called cause character Christ Christian Church conduct consider daily danger death divine doctrines duty earth effect eternal event evil expect expression eyes fail faith fall Father feelings final follow forget gift give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath heart heaven holy hope human ignorance important impression individual Jesus Jesus Christ Jews John king kingdom knowledge language lead least lesson light living look Lord means ment mind nature never object offered once ourselves perfect practice present principle Psalm reason receive religion religious rest rule Saviour seems SERMON sins soon Spirit strength surely temptation things thou thought tion true truth turn unto weakness whole wonderful worldly
336. oldal - Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy: but I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you...
17. oldal - He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses : of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the Blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite to the Spirit of grace ? For we know Him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto Me, I will recompense, saith the Lord.
143. oldal - And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake ; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth ; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.
89. oldal - Baptism doth represent unto us our profession ; which is, to follow the example of our -Saviour Christ, and to be made like unto him ; that, as he died, and rose again for us, so should we, who are baptized, die from sin, and rise again unto righteousness ; continually mortifying ail our evil and corrupt affections, and daily proceeding in all virtue and godliness of living.
71. oldal - For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass : for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
170. oldal - And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
50. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, give us grace that we may cast away the works of darkness, and put upon us the armour of light, now in the time of this mortal life, in which thy son Jesus Christ came to visit us in great humility ; that in the last day, when he shall come again in his glorious Majesty to judge both the quick and dead, we may rise to the life immortal, through him who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Ghost, now and ever. Amen.
33. oldal - Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming in which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth, they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation
333. oldal - Raca,' shall be in danger of the council ; but whosoever shall say ; ' Thou fool,' shall be in danger of hell fire. Therefore, if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee ; leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.