Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear attempt attention Author become believe better boards body called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances common complete considerable considered containing death direct Divine doctrine effect employed equal established evidence existence expression fact faith feel former give given hand heart hope human idea illustrated important instance interesting kind knowledge language less light live Lord manner means mind moral nature never object observations occasion once opinion organ original particular pass passage perhaps persons poem possess practice present principle produced prove published question readers reason received reference relation religion religious remarks respect Scripture seems sense sentiments spirit suffer supposed thing thought tion true truth volume whole wish writings
11. oldal - Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.
27. oldal - Sound needed none, Nor any voice of joy ; his spirit drank The spectacle : sensation, soul, and form All melted into him ; they swallowed up His animal being ; in them did he live, And by them did he live ; they were his life. In such access of mind, in such high hour Of visitation from the living God, Thought was not ; in enjoyment it expired.
22. oldal - Urania, I shall need Thy guidance, or a greater Muse, if such Descend to earth or dwell in highest heaven ! For I must tread on shadowy ground, must sink Deep — and, aloft ascending, breathe in worlds To which the heaven of heavens is but a veil.
162. oldal - And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
587. oldal - Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up ; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money : that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
35. oldal - Him who is a righteous Judge, — Why do not these prevail for human life, To keep two hearts together, that began Their springtime with one love, and that have need Of mutual pity and forgiveness sweet To grant, or be received; while that poor bird — O, come and hear him ! Thou who hast to me Been faithless, hear him ; —though a lowly creature. One of God's simple children that yet know not The Universal Parent, how he sings! As if he wished the firmament of heaven Should listen, and give back...
245. oldal - This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other ; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
91. oldal - And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
23. oldal - Itself from all malevolent effect Of those mutations that extend their sway Throughout the nether sphere ! And if with this I mix more lowly matter; with the thing Contemplated, describe the Mind and Man Contemplating ; and who, and what he was, The transitory being that beheld This vision ; when and where, and how he lived ; Be not this labour useless.