Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
asked beautiful Bermuda better Bishop blessing brother called Cape Breton Chard Charley child Christ Christian Church Church of England clergy colours deaconesses dear death door Ember Day England English eyes faith father feet Four Penny give God's Grahamstown Granville Sharp hand happy havo head heard heart holy Holy Communion hope horse hour Ireland Island island Kafirs kind king labour lady land leave live look Lord Louisburg Maggie miles missionary morning mother neighbours never night Nova Scotia once parish passed Penny Magazine poor prayer Roman round Saxon seemed seen sheep side sister soon stand stood suffering Sunday tell thee things thou thought told took town tree turned village walk Wellington Street wood words young
94. oldal - And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, Yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, But thine eyes shall see thy teachers : And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, When ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.
88. oldal - THE SOULS OF THE RIGHTEOUS ARE IN THE HAND OF GOD, and there shall no torment touch them. In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure is taken for misery, and their going from us to be utter destruction: but they are in peace. For though they be punished in the sight of men, yet is their hope full of immortality.
26. oldal - Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies : and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. Length of days is in her right hand : and in her left hand riches and honour. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her : and happy is every...
26. oldal - He could not ever rue his marrying me — 1 had been a patient wife; but, Sir, he said That he was wrong to cross his father thus. 'God bless him!' he said, 'and may he never know The troubles I have gone thro'!
83. oldal - And I said, This is my infirmity : but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High.
32. oldal - Thou crownest the year with thy goodness ; and thy paths drop fatness. They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness : and the little hills rejoice on every side. The pastures are clothed with flocks ; the valleys also are covered over with corn ; they shout for joy, they also sing.
46. oldal - King. 4 Soon shall we hear him say, " Ye blessed children, come ! " Soon will he call us hence away, To our eternal home.
78. oldal - Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.
94. oldal - My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts of the Lord : my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
8. oldal - I have read books enough, and observed and conversed with enough of eminent and splendidly cultivated minds, too, in my time ; but I assure you, I have heard higher sentiments from the lips of poor uneducated men and women, when exerting the spirit of severe yet gentle heroism under difficulties and afflictions, or speaking their simple thoughts as to circumstances in the lot of friends and neighbours, than I ever yet met with out of the pages of the Bible. We shall never learn to feel and respect...