Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
affections apostle beauty become behold believe benevolence blessed brethren called character Christian church conscience creatures death desire disciples divine doctrine duty earnest earth earthly eternal evil faith Father fear feel friends Gentile give glorious glory God's goeth gospel grace happiness hath heart heaven heavenly holy Holy Spirit honour hope human idolatry important infinite influence Israel Jehovah Jesus Christ Jesus of Nazareth Jews John kingdom of heaven knowledge labour light living look Lord man's mankind means mercy mind moral nature ness never obedience ourselves passion peace perfect Pharisee pleasure prayer present principles prophet purity racter reason religion religious revealed rience righteousness salvation Saviour Scriptures seek sense shew sinner sins solemn sorrow soul speak spirit suffering sympathy teach things thou thought tical tion true trust truth UNITARIAN unity unto virtue voice wisdom wise words worship
114. oldal - For as the rain cometh down, And the snow from heaven, And returneth not thither, But watereth the earth, And maketh it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, But it shall accomplish that which I please, And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
49. oldal - Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one ; thrice was I beaten with rods ; once was I stoned...
282. oldal - We have not wings, we cannot soar ; But we have feet to scale and climb By slow degrees, by more and more, The cloudy summits of our time.
163. oldal - And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galileans were sinners above all the Galileans, because they suffered such things ? I tell you, Nay ; but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
5. oldal - Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth : they are a trouble unto me ; I am weary to bear them.
383. oldal - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
23. oldal - See the wretch that long has tost On the thorny bed of pain, At length repair his vigour lost, And breathe and walk again ; The meanest floweret of the vale, The simplest note that swells the gale, The common sun, the air, the skies, To him are opening paradise.
22. oldal - FOR there is a perennial nobleness, and even sacredness, in Work. Were he never so benighted, forgetful of his high calling, there is always hope in a man that actually and earnestly works : in Idleness alone is there perpetual despair.
33. oldal - Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more; and that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; that ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.