The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing Biblical, Historical, Doctrinal, and Practical Theology and Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Biography from the Earliest Times to the Present Day, 1. kötet
Albert Hauck, Samuel Macauley Jackson, Charles Colebrook Sherman, George William Gilmore
Funk and Wagnalls Company, 1908
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts Africa appears Assyria became beginning belonged Berlin Bible Bibliography bishop called canon century Christ Christian Church College connection Council death divine doctrine early ecclesiastical edition educated England English especially established existence fact faith father German given gives Gospel Greek Hebrew held Holy important influence Italy John king known land later Leipsic letters literature lived London means ment mentioned mission Missionary nature original Paris period Persian person pope position present priest probably professor Protestant published received Reformation relation religion religious Roman Roman Catholic Rome shows Society sources studied synod teaching Testament theology theory thought tion took transl translation University vols worship writings wrote York
88. oldal - Deus Pater omnipotens. Domine, Fili unigenite, Jesu Christe : Domine Deus, Agnus Dei, Filius Patris. Qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis. Qui tollis peccata mundi, suscipe deprecationem nostram. Qui sedes ad dexteram Patris, miserere nobis. Quoniam tu solus Sanctus, tu solus Dominus, tu solus Altissimus, Jesu Christe, cum sancto Spiritu, 'in gloria Dei Patris. Amen.
263. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father ; By whom all things were made : Who for us men, and for our salvation came down from heaven, And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary, And was made man...
169. oldal - An Epistolary Discourse, proving, from the scriptures and the first fathers, that the soul is a principle naturally mortal ; but immortalized actually by the pleasure of God, to punishment, or to reward, by its union with the divine baptismal spirit. Wherein is proved, that none have the power of giving this divine immortalizing spirit, since the apostles, but only the bishops,
120. oldal - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, . . which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
371. oldal - Rector of said Church, the Professor of Biblical Learning, the Professor of Systematic Divinity, and the Professor of Ecclesiastical History, in the Divinity School of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Philadelphia. In case either of said offices are vacant, the others may nominate the lecturer.
153. oldal - Missionaries, and the designation of their fields of labor, shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Managers of the Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church...
xix. oldal - English alone a large number of select sources are given in H. Gee and WJ Hardy, Documents Illustrative of English Church History, London, 1896 (covers the period 314-1700).
269. oldal - And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the Lord, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the Lord; neither shall it come to mind; neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
336. oldal - CAMPBELL : — THE NATURE OF THE ATONEMENT AND ITS RELATION TO REMISSION OF SINS AND ETERNAL LIFE. Fourth and Cheaper Edition, crown 8vo. 6s. "Among the first theological treatises of this generation.
199. oldal - But for greater exactness, I add this also writing of necessity; that there are other books besides these, not included in the Canon, but appointed by the Fathers to be read by those who newly join us, and who wish for instruction in the word of godliness.