Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Affirms ages alledged Altars ancient Apostles argument authority Bishop boke Book cafe called Catholic ceremonies Cerinthus character Christ Christian Church Church of Rome Cicero cles confirm confute Dæmons declares Devil Discourses divine doctrine Edit Evangelists evidence fable faith fame fathers fays fense firſt Frenjhe give Gospel Heathens heaven holy honor ibid Idolatry Images Impruneta Intr Jesuit Jesus Jewish Jews John Justin Martyr learned Letter Lord Lordship manner Martyrs miracles Moses nature notion observed occasion Old Testament Oracles origin Pagan Papists Peter phecy Pope Popery Popish Pref present pretended Priests primitive printed Printer proof Prophecy Prophets quæstion racter reason religion reliques rites Rome Romulus sacred Saints ſays Scripture Serpent shew shewn Simeon Stylites story superstition Temple Testament testimony things thou tion translated truth uſe Virgin whole William Caxton word of Prophecy worship writers wrought
263. oldal - And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field: upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
102. oldal - ... we presently make a vow to God, or one of his saints, to whom upon our recovery we make an offering of that hand or foot in wax : which custom is now come to that extravagance, that we do the same thing for our...
36. oldal - I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my wool and my flax, my oil and my drink.
310. oldal - For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
202. oldal - For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
320. oldal - Germany, in the affairs of trade, had an opportunity of informing himself of the whole method and process of the art ; and by the encouragement of the great, and particularly of the abbot of Westminster, first set up a press in that abbey, and began to print books soon after the year 1471.
132. oldal - Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: and ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
240. oldal - Scripture itself, which assert that "all Scripture" or " every Scripture " is given by " Inspiration of God " (2 Tim. iii. 16) ; " That the prophecy came not of old by the will of man, but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost