Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection answered art thou Atheist beautiful believe blessing breath bright eye charnel house Christian church church-yard cloud cold dark dear Agnes death distrust Divine Divine grace door dream earth enquired epistle eternal expression eyes Fanny Fanny Smith fearful feelings fell felt Fleetwood gamekeeper garden of Eden gazing gloomy grave green guardian angel hand happiness head heard heart heaven holy hope hour human husband interrupted knew lady laughing Leonard Leonard Smith light living looked marriage mind miserable Montarre morning nature Nehe Nehemiah never night Old Hall once passed peace phaned poor Quaker quiet rection religion replied resurrection servant silence sleep smil smile Smith soon sorrow soul spirit sunshine surgeon sympathy talk tell thee thing thou thought threw trust truth turned Unbeliever village walked Wallace Arnold weary wife window wish young foreigner
196. oldal - ... the inquiry of truth, which is the love-making or wooing of it, the knowledge of truth, which is the presence of it, and the belief of truth, which is the enjoying of it, is the sovereign good of human nature.
48. oldal - Indisputably, the firm believers in the Gospel have a great advantage over all others — for this simple reason, that, if true, they will have their reward hereafter; and if there be no hereafter, they can be but with the infidel in his eternal sleep, having had the assistance of an exalted hope through life, without subsequent disappointment, since (at the worst for them) 'out of nothing, nothing can arise,
76. oldal - God but those for whom it maketh that there were no God. It appeareth in nothing more that atheism is rather in the lip than in the heart of man than by this, that atheists will ever be talking of that their opinion, as if they fainted in it within themselves...
47. oldal - Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth ; yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
176. oldal - Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
17. oldal - No one is so much alone in the universe as a denier of God. With an orphaned heart, which has lost the greatest of fathers, he stands mourning by the immeasurable corpse of nature, no longer moved or sustained by the Spirit of the universe, but growing in its grave; and he mourns, until he himself crumbles away from the dead body.
169. oldal - TELL me not, in mournful numbers, Life is but an empty dream ; For the soul is dead that slumbers, And things are not what they seem. Life is real ! life is earnest ! And the grave is not its goal : Dust thou art, to dust returnest, Was not spoken of the soul.
207. oldal - bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but thou canst not tell whence it cometh, nor whither it goeth ; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.