Discussions on Philosophy and Literature, Education and University Reform: Chiefly from the Edinburgh Review; Cor., Vindicated, Enl., in Notes and Appendices
Longman, Brown, Green and Longman's, 1852 - 758 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Discussions on Philosophy and Literature, Education and University Reform ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
academical actually admitted afford allowed appears applied Arts attempt body called Cambridge cause Church cloth College common comparatively competent condition consciousness consequently constituted course determined distinction doctrine Edition effect English equally established examination exclusively exercise existence expression fact faculty former German Heads higher highest honour Houses important individual instruction intelligence interest Italy knowledge known language learning least less limited logic mathematical matter mean mind nature necessary never º º object observation obtained once opinion original Oxford philosophy possible practice present principle Professors proposition question reason reference regard relation respect schools ſº statute supposed teaching term theory things thought tion true truth Tutors University whole
19. oldal - STEEL'S SHIPMASTER'S ASSISTANT; Compiled for the use of Merchants, Owners and Masters of Ships, Officers of Customs, and all Persons connected with Shipping or Commerce : containing the Law and Local Regulations affecting the Ownership, Charge, and Management of Ships and their Cargoes ; together with Notices of other Matters, and all necessary Information for Mariners. New Edition, rewritten throughout. Edited by GRAHAM WILLMORE, Esq. MA Barrister-at-Law; GEORGE CLEMENTS, of the Customs, London;...
21. oldal - THE THUMB BIBLE; Or, Verbum Sempiternum. By J. TAYLOR. Being an Epitome of the Old and New Testaments in English Verse.
7. oldal - SELF-INSTRUCTION FOR YOUNG GARDENERS, Foresters, Bailiffs, Land Stewards, and Farmers ; in Arithmetic, Book-keeping, Geometry, Mensuration, Practical Trigonometry, Mechanics, Land-Surveying, Levelling, Planning and Mapping, Architectural Drawing, and Isometrical Projection and Perspective ; with Examples shewing their applications to Horticulture and Agricultural Purposes.
14. oldal - As the conditionally limited (which we may briefly call the conditioned) is thus the only possible object of knowledge and of positive thought — thought necessarily supposes conditions. To think is to condition; and conditional limitation is the fundamental law of the possibility of thought.
755. oldal - The Cabinet Lawyer; a Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Civil, Criminal, and Constitutional. Twenty-Fifth Edition, corrected and extended. Fcp. 8vo.
5. oldal - Kirby and Spence's Introduction to Entomology ; or, Elements of the Natural History of Insects : Comprising an Account of Noxious and Useful Insects, of their Metamorphoses, Food, Stratagems, Habitations, Societies, Motions, Noises, Hybernation, Instinct, &c.
5. oldal - LATHAM.— ON DISEASES OF THE HEART. Lectures on Subjects connected with Clinical Medicine ; comprising Diseases of the Heart. By PM LATHAM, MD, Physician Extraordinary to the Queen ; and late Physician to St.
9. oldal - A General Dictionary of Geography, Descriptive, Physical, Statistical, and Historical ; forming a complete Gazetteer of the World. By A. KEITH JOHNSTON, FRSE 8vo. 31s. 6d. M'Culloch's Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical, and Historical, of the various Countries, Places, and principal Natural Objects in the World.
14. oldal - The conditioned is the mean between two extremes— two inconditionates, exclusive of each other, neither of which can be conceived as possible, but of which, on the principles of contradiction and excluded middle, one must be admitted as necessary.