The End of Controversy, Controverted: A Refutation of Milner's "End of Controversy," in a Series of Letters Addressed to the Most Reverend Francis Patrick Kenrick, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Baltimore
Dana and Company, 1856
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absurdity according allowed altar Apostles argument assertion Augustine authority believe Bible Bishop blessed blood body bread called Catholic century Christ Christian Church of England Church of Rome claim confession consecrated Council dead death departed divine doctrine doubt earth Eucharist evidence fact faith false fathers favorite figure fire flesh follows give given Gospel hands heart heaven hence heretics hold holy honor images Jesus language letter Liturgy living Lord Mary meaning Milner Mother never object offered Papal pass passage Paul penitence person Pope pray prayers present priest primitive proof prove Purgatory question readers reason receive reference Reformation respect Reverend Sir Roman rule sacrament saints saith Saviour Scriptures senses sins soul spiritual supposed testimony thee things thou tion Transubstantiation true truth Virgin whole wine worship
140. oldal - But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning, who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.
140. oldal - When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you ? What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before ? It is the spirit that quickeneth* ; the flesh profiteth nothing : the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
270. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of his great mercy hath promised forgiveness of sins to all them that with hearty repentance and true faith turn unto him ; Have mercy upon you ; pardon and deliver you from all your sins ; confirm and strengthen you in all goodness ; and bring you to everlasting life ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
48. oldal - Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
294. oldal - Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble ; every man's work shall be made manifest : for the day shall declare it. because it shall be revealed by fire ; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss : but he himself shall be saved ; yet so as by fire.
139. oldal - I am the Living Bread which came down from heaven : if any man eat of this Bread, he shall live for ever : and the Bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
174. oldal - The real presence of Christ's most blessed body and blood is not therefore to be sought for in the sacrament, but in the worthy receiver of the sacrament.
60. oldal - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
270. oldal - ... (and that not lightly, and after the manner of dissemblers with God; but so) that ye may come holy and clean to such a heavenly Feast, in the marriage-garment required by God in Holy Scripture, and be received as worthy partakers of that Holy Table.
76. oldal - Now there stood by the cross of Jesus, his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son ! . Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.