Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Admiral anchor appears arrived bank bearing Bermuda boat British called Cape Capt Captain carried channel chart coast command considered course crew danger direction distance east effect England established examination fathoms feet five four gale give given Government half hand harbour head hope House important interest island John known land late less letter Lieut light lighthouse Liverpool London March marine master mate means merchant miles naval navigation nearly never night observed officers passage passed port position present received remained remarkable river rock round Royal sail seamen seen ship shoal shore side soon taken tide tons town trade vessel weather whole wind wreck
133. oldal - For honour travels in a strait so narrow, Where one but goes abreast: keep then the path; For emulation hath a thousand sons, That one by one pursue: If you give way, Or hedge aside from the direct forthright, Like to an enter'd tide, they all rush by, And leave you hindmost...
66. oldal - Though thy clime Be fickle, and thy year most part deformed, With dripping rains, or withered by a frost, I would not yet exchange thy sullen skies, And fields without a flower, for warmer France With all her vines ; nor for Ausonia's groves Of golden fruitage, and her myrtle bowers.
380. oldal - Pleas, calling upon the plaintiff to show cause why the verdict should not be set aside...
367. oldal - Thus I spoke; and speaking sigh'd; — Scarce repress'd the starting tear; — When the smiling sage reply'd — — Come, my lad, and drink some beer.
126. oldal - They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths : their soul is melted because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.
604. oldal - Sir, — I have the honour to acquaint you, for the information of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty, that...
242. oldal - ... passage across the Atlantic; who so pathetically relate the privations and hardships of the sea, where, after a day of breakfasting, lunching, dining off five courses, chatting, playing whist, and drinking...
243. oldal - The Marquesas! What strange visions of outlandish things does the very name spirit up! Naked houris — cannibal banquets — groves of cocoa-nut — coral reefs — tatooed chiefs— and bamboo temples; sunny valleys planted with bread-fruit- trees — carved canoes dancing on the flashing blue waters — savage woodlands guarded by horrible idols — heathenish rites and human sacrifices.
242. oldal - SIX MONTHS AT SEA ! Yes, reader, as I live, six months out of sight of land; cruising after the sperm-whale beneath the scorching sun of the Line, and tossed on the billows of the wide-rolling Pacific — the sky above, the sea around, and nothing else!