Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Adelung admitted affinity of languages alphabet ancient writers Anglo-Saxon antiquity appears Arabia Asia Minor authority Babylonia Celtic Celts circumstance civilisation cognate colonies conclusion conjecture conquest consequently considered consonants contained contrary derived Diodorus Siculus dissimilar distinct languages Egypt English etymologists etymology Europe Euxine evident evince exist Firdausi foreign formed German Getae Gothic Goths grammatical structure Grecian Greece Greek Alphabet Greek and Latin Greek language guages Hebrew Herodotus Hindi Hindus Homer hypothesis identity impossible India inflections inhabitants language of Asia langue letters lingua manner merely migrated nations necessarily follow nouns observes opinion origin Pahlvi parent tongue Parsi particles Pelasgi Pelasgian Persian Phenician preserved primitive tongue probable pronunciation prove race received religion remarks render respecting Romans Sanscrit words Scythians seems singular slightest sound spoken Strabo sufficient supposed Tartar tenses Teutonic dialects Thrace Thracian language Thracians Thucydides trace vowels Zend
15. oldal - And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the Lord.
16. oldal - Zeboim toward the wilderness. (Now there was no smith found throughout all the land of Israel: for the Philistines said, "Lest the Hebrews make them swords or spears:" but all the Israelites went down to the Philistines, to sharpen every man his share, and his coulter, and his axe, and his mattock.
193. oldal - The Sanscrit language, whatever be its antiquity, is of a wonderful structure; more perfect than the Greek, more copious than the Latin, and more exquisitely refined than either, yet bearing to both of them a stronger affinity, both in the roots of verbs and in the forms of grammar, than could possibly have been produced by accident; so strong indeed, that no philologer could examine them all three, without believing them to have sprung from some common source, which, perhaps, no longer exists...
13. oldal - And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.
13. oldal - All the souls that came with Jacob into Egypt, which came out of his loins, besides Jacob's sons...
16. oldal - And they forsook the Lord, and served Baal and Ashtaroth. And the anger of the Lord was hot against Israel, and he delivered them into the hands of the spoilers that spoiled them...
2. oldal - Therefore is the name of it called Babel ; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
2. oldal - And the Lord said, Behold the people is one, and they have all one language ; and this they begin to do : and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.