Sketches of the Natural History of Ceylon: With Narratives and Anecdotes, Illustrative of the Habits and Instincts of the Mammalia, Birds, Reptiles, Fishes, Insects, &c., Including a Monograph of the Elephant and a Description of the Modes of Capturing and Training It, with Engravings from Original Drawings
Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1861 - 500 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
amongst animal appearance approach attached bear become believed birds Blyth body branches called carried Ceylon close coast collected Colombo colour common corral covered creature deer described direction elephant enabled equally exhibited extremity eyes Fabr fact fall feet fish foot force forest four frequently ground Guén habits hand head herd horse inches India insects instance instinct island Jaffna jungle Kelaart killed known land latter leaves legs length less light Linn living means mountain moved natives nature never night observed occasion passed period phant portion position possess present probably produced raising regard remarkable rest says secured seen served side Singhalese sound species specimens Syst taken tank till tion trees trunk turned tusks weight whilst wild young Zool
21. oldal - Catechism of the Steam Engine, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture. By the same Author. With 89 Woodcuts. Fcp. 6s. Handbook of the Steam Engine.
21. oldal - A TREATISE on the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture, By J. BOURNE, CE Eighth Edition ; with Portrait, 37 Plates, and 546 Woodcuts. 4to. 42s. CATECHISM of the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture.
24. oldal - Readings for a Month Preparatory to Confirmation, from Writers of the Early and English Church. By the same.
32. oldal - TREASURY OF KNOWLEDGE AND LIBRARY OF REFERENCE. Comprising an English Dictionary and Grammar, Universal Gazetteer, Classical Dictionary, Chronology, Law Dictionary, &c.
26. oldal - How we Spent the Summer; or, a Voyage en Zigzag in Switzerland and Tyrol with some Members of the ALPINE CLUB.
30. oldal - The FLY-FISHER'S ENTOMOLOGY. By ALFRED RONALDS. With coloured Representations of the Natural and Artificial Insect. Sixth Edition ; with 20 coloured Plates.
32. oldal - The Cabinet Lawyer : A Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Civil and Criminal ; with a Dictionary of Law Terms, Maxims, Statutes, and Judicial Antiquities ; Correct Tables of Assessed Taxes, Stamp Duties, Excise Licenses, and Post-Horse Duties ; Post-Office Regulations, and Prison Discipline. 16th Edition, comprising the Public Acts of the Session 1853.
30. oldal - The HORSE'S FOOT, and HOW to KEEP IT SOUND. By W. MILES, Esq. Ninth Edition, with Illustrations.