Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according affection agans Alexander appears Arran Aſſemblie awin Biſhop brother called Castle cause chaſtel Church contained copy court David daye death Duke Earl Edinburgh Edward England English Erle fall father forme French give Gowrie grace guid haif hand hard hath haue heir History honour John June King James King's kirk Kyng land learned letter Lord Majestie marched maryed Master minister noble nocht party person Perth pray present Prince printed probably pſalmes Psalms Queen quha quhat quhen quhilk Raid of Ruthven Regent religion rest Robert ſaid sall sayis Scotland Scots ſuch thai thair thame ther therle thing thir thou towne tranſlated tyme unto wald weill wold written
319. oldal - And changed the object of thy will, It had been lethargy in me, Not constancy, to love thee still. Yea, it had been a sin to go And prostitute affection so; Since we are taught no prayers to say To such as must to others pray. Yet do thou glory in thy choice, Thy choice of his good fortune boast...
319. oldal - He that can love unloved again, Hath better store of love than brain; God send me love my debts to pay While unthrifts fool their love away! Nothing could have my love o'erthrown If thou hadst still continued mine; Yea, if thou hadst remained thy own, I might perchance have yet been thine.
299. oldal - Robert was one of the best poets of his time," he adds the more important testimony, that " Mr John Dryden says he has seen verses of his, some of the best of that age, printed with some other verses...
63. oldal - I. THE Club shall consist of a limited number of Members ; at no time to exceed ONE HUNDRED. II. The objects of the Club shall be the Printing and Publication of Works illustrative of the History, Literature, and Antiquities of Scotland. III. A General Meeting shall be held annually on the First Monday of December, for the election of Office-bearers and other matters ; and the President shall have power to call Extraordinary General Meetings, upon three weeks' notice given to the resident Members.
316. oldal - I approve, As either yielding pleasure or promotion : I like a mild and lukewarm zeal in love, Although I do not like it in devotion ; For it...
352. oldal - ... quha brunt him continually in the backe and breft as he walked forduart ; bot he, in the meane tyme, wes occupiet in fchauing the people how thai were fchamfullie abufed by thefe mifcent idolaters, quha were leading them to their auin damnatione. In end, he fpake with fuch ane vehemencie, that the enymies caufed knett his toung, fearing fome vprore to enfeu, if he had gottin ony forder libertie to fpeke : So he wes brought to the place of executione, quhere, lifting vp his eyes to heauen, and...
116. oldal - Derectit from Striuiling, with speciall command and licence to be prentit. Anno 1582.— With Preface and Notes. 1822, small 8vo. 45 copies printed, and two on vellum. See ' Bibliographer's Manual,
6. oldal - Prynce Philippe, Prynce of Spaine, to the most excellente princes Marye Quene of England, solemnisated in the Citie of Winchester...