Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acrogens ages amid ammonites ancient animals anti-geologists appearance argument astronomic bear beds birds bones Carboniferous character Coal Measures Coccosteus conifers creation creatures deluge deposits detected dicotyledonous Divine division earth elephant Eocene evidence exhibited existing extinct fact feet ferns fishes Flood flora formations fossil fragments fronds furnished geologic geologist globe greatly heavens Helmsdale Hugh Miller human hundred inches instance known land least length lepidodendron living lower mammals mayhap Miller Miocene molluscs Mosaic Moses nature occur ocean Old Red Sandstone Oolitic organisms original Palaeozoic peculiar period plants Pleistocene portion present principle race regarded remains remarkable represented reptiles resemblance revelation rocks says scarce Scotland Scripture seems shells Silurian species specimen Sphenopteris stems surface terrestrial Tertiary theologians thousand tion trees Triassic true truth Turrettine upper vegetable vision writer
231. oldal - Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written; Which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
138. oldal - So careful of the type?' but no. From scarped cliff and quarried stone She cries, 'A thousand types are gone: I care for nothing, all shall go. Thou makest thine appeal to me: I bring to life, I bring to death: The spirit does but mean the breath: I know no more.
235. oldal - These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens...
264. oldal - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the Sons of God shouted for joy?
225. oldal - Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing ? And one of them shall not fall to the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore ; ye are of more value than many sparrows.
138. oldal - Are God and Nature then at strife, That Nature lends such evil dreams? So careful of the type she seems, So careless of the single life...
198. oldal - said God ; and forthwith Light Ethereal, first of things, quintessence pure, Sprung from the Deep, and from her native East To journey through the aery gloom began, Sphered in a radiant cloud — for yet the Sun Was not; she in a cloudy tabernacle Sojourned the while.
210. oldal - Sing heavenly Muse, that on the secret top Of Oreb, or of Sinai, didst inspire That shepherd, who first taught the chosen seed, In the beginning how the heavens and earth Rose out of chaos...
507. oldal - CYCLOPEDIA OF ENGLISH LITERATURE. A Selection of the choicest productions of English Authors, from the earliest to the present time. Connected by a Critical and Biographical History. Forming two large imperial octavo volumes of TOO pages each, double column letter press ; with upwards of 300 elegant Illustrations.