The Works of President Edwards ...
Isaac Sturtevant, Printer, 1809
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
accepted affections apostle appears believe called Christ commands concern consider continue contrary creature death dependence desire destruction determine devils divine doctrine dreadful earth enemies enmity eternal evident evil excellency exercise expression faith Father fire follow give given glory God's grace greater guilt hand happiness hate hath heart heaven hell holy honor hope infinite interest Jesus justified kind light live look Lord manifest manner means mind misery moral nature never obedience object obliged offered perfect person punishment reason receive religion repentance respect restraining reward righteousness saints salvation saved Saviour scripture seems sense sensible shew sight sinners sins soul speaks Spirit stand suffer suppose tends thee things thou thought threatenings tion torment true truth unto verse virtue wicked worthy wrath
308. oldal - At that day ye shall ask in my name : and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you : for the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
109. oldal - Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
44. oldal - What shall we say then ? Is the law sin ? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law : for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
287. oldal - And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
102. oldal - But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
87. oldal - Now the just shall live by faith : but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition ; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
481. oldal - Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
49. oldal - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost...
13. oldal - Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, saying ; Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
107. oldal - Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision ; but shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.