Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
50 cents action American Phrenological Journal animal animal magnetism Approbativeness ARTICLE beautiful become Benevolence better body brain carbon carbonic acid cause cents cerebellum character clairvoyance cold Colonel Todd Combativeness constitution course cultivation developed disease duty earth effect evil exercise fact faculties fashionable father feelings female friends furnish George Combe give happiness head heat HENRY WARD BEECHER human important improvement influence intellectual John BANVARD John Quincy Adams kind knowledge labor lectures live magnetism manifest means ment mental merism Mesmerism mind moral nature ness never organs oxygen pain parents perfect Phrenological Society Physiology practical present principle remarkable render requires science of Phrenology Self-Esteem society soul spirit success talents temperament thing thought tion true truth WASHINGTON ALLSTON WATER-CURE whole woman young
301. oldal - ... the inquiry of truth, which is the love-making or wooing of it, the knowledge of truth, which is the presence of it, and the belief of truth, which is the enjoying of it, is the sovereign good of human nature.
115. oldal - And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly ; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses.
185. oldal - No anatomist ever discovered a system of organization calculated to produce pain and disease; or, in explaining the parts of the human body, ever said, this is to irritate; this to inflame...
115. oldal - And the land was not able to bear them, that they might dwell together : for their substance was great, so that they could not dwell together.
353. oldal - For him the axe be bared ; For him the gibbet shall be built; For him the stake prepared ; Him shall the scorn and wrath of men Pursue with deadly aim ; And malice, envy, spite, and lies, Shall desecrate his name. But truth shall conquer at the last, For round and round we run, And ever the right comes uppermost, And ever is justice done.
34. oldal - It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep a record of the proceedings...
165. oldal - Our daughters are oftener brought to the grave by their rich attire than our beggars by their nakedness. So the poor are often overworked, but they suffer less than many among the rich who have no work to do, no interesting object to fill up life, to satisfy the infinite cravings of man for action.
115. oldal - Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee : be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother's sons bow down to thee : cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
342. oldal - He soliloquizes, whether it is possible for the man ever to wake up ! At length, the sleeper drawls out a dozing petition to be let alone : " Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep ;" and the last words confusedly break into a snore, — that somnolent lullaby of repose.