A Text-book of Popery: Comprising a Brief History of the Council of Trent, a Translation of Its Doctrinal Decrees, and Copious Extracts from the Catechism Published by Its Authority; with Notes and Illustrations: to which is Added, in an Appendix, the Doctrinal Decrees, and Canons of the Council of Trent, in Latin, as Published at Rome, Anno Domini 1564: the Whole Intended to Furnish a Correct and Complete View of the Theological System of Popery
D. Appleton, 1831 - 450 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according accursed ambassadors anathema sit apostles appointed atque authority baptism believe bishops blessed blood body bread called canons cardinal Catechism Catholic church cause Christ Christian church command confession contained council decree divine doctrine Ecclesia effect emperor entire esse etiam eucharist express faith fathers give given grace granted hands held heretics holy hope indulgences instituted Italy Jesus Christ justified legates living Lord manner mass matter means ment merit necessary observed obtain offered opinion Pallav penance persons Plat pontiff Pope prayers prelates prepared present priest Protestants published punishment quæ question quis dixerit reason received reform regard religion respecting Roman Catholic Rome sacrament sacred saints Sarpi Scripture session sins soul Spirit things tion Trent true Whoever shall affirm whole
257. oldal - LET a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.
192. oldal - Peace be to you: as the Father hath sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost; whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
39. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made, Being of one substance with the Father, By whom all things were made; Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary And was made man; And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.
282. oldal - He is able to save to the uttermost them that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
209. oldal - Is any man sick among you ? Let him bring in the priests of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord, and the prayer of faith shall save the sick man ; and the Lord shall raise him up : and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him...
256. oldal - How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.
256. oldal - I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If any man eat of this bread he shall live for ever ; and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
388. oldal - Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
384. oldal - I profess, likewise, that in the mass there is offered to God a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice for the living and the dead ; and that in the most holy sacrament of the eucharist, there is truly, really, and substantially, the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ...