An Answer to the Rev. A. O'Callaghan on the Tendency of Bible Societies as Affecting the Established Church and Christianity Itself as a "reasonable Service"
Robert Napper, 1816 - 110 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Acts admit afforded ages already answer apostles appears argument assertion Associations believe Bible Society Bishop blessing cause chapter character Christ Christian Church circulation consider danger difficulties divine doctrine earth effects equally Established evidence evil exist experience fact faith fear give given gospel hand hath hear heart heaven Holy Scriptures hope illiterate important impress improved instance Institution instruction Jesus judgment knowledge labours language learned light Lord manner means ment mind nature never object obscurity observation operations opinion original passages peasant perhaps persons poor present principle produce prophets prove question reader reason religion Report respect sacred says Scrip sense spirit sufficient surely Testament things thou tion translation true trust truth understanding unto whole wisdom wise writings written
48. oldal - See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
25. oldal - And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, 'Read this, I pray thee': and he saith, 'I cannot; for it is sealed.' "And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, 'Read this, I pray thee': and he saith, 'I am not learned.
54. oldal - But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
32. oldal - For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
32. oldal - Lift up your eyes on high and behold who hath created these things that bringeth out their host by number; he callth them all by names by the greatness of his might for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
24. oldal - I seen also under the sun, and it seemed great unto me: there was a little city, and few men within it; and there came a great king against it, and besieged it, and built great bulwarks against it: now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city; yet no man remembered that same poor man.
71. oldal - BLESSED Lord, who hast caused all holy Scriptures to be written for our learning; Grant that we may in such wise hear them, read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest them, that by patience and comfort of thy holy Word, we may embrace, and ever hold fast, the blessed hope of everlasting life, which thou hast given us in our Saviour Jesus Christ.
26. oldal - And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, And the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the Lord , And the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel.