Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Series of Lectures Delivered in Park Street Church, Boston, on Sabbath ...
Edward Dorr Griffin
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
Abba Father action Adam affections Arminian Bible birth blame body born born of God character children of God Christian conviction covenant creation creature dead destitute of holiness Deut disposition divine doctrine Election enemies enmity eternal evil exertions eyes faith Father feelings flesh glory Gospel happiness hate hath heart heaven heirs human influence Irenæus Isai John John iii Lapsed powers LECTURE light Lord thy love thy neighbour loveth mammon Means of Grace mind moral Governour motives ness never object PARK STREET CHURCH partake Pelagian possess prayer principle produce promises Prov prove racter regard Regeneration salvation sanctifying Saviour Scripture second cause seed self-determining power self-love selfishness sense sinner sins soul Spirit supernatural supreme love supremely attached temper texts thee thine things Thou shalt tion totally depraved truth tural unregenerate unto viii visible Church whole Whosoever wicked Word
26. oldal - Scriptures; and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve; after that he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
15. oldal - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God ; for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
211. oldal - God: and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good ; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
171. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
128. oldal - For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them, even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
29. oldal - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God...
36. oldal - Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which 'God hath prepared for them that love Him. But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
41. oldal - Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
171. oldal - According as he hath chosen us in him, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.