Információ erről a könyvről
Könyvek a Google Playen
ASTOR. LENOX AND ILDEN FONDATIONS
I. THE QUARTERLY REVIEW AND THE RUBRICS.
The Quarterly Review for May, 1843–No. CXLIII. Art.
VIII. On the Rubrics and Ritual of the Church
II. The Jewish SABBATH, AND THE Lord's Day.
1. The Christian's Day of Rest. By the Rev. H. H.
2. The Restoration of the Jews to their own Land, in
connexion with their future Conversion, and the final
Blessedness of our Earth.
III. ANCIENT Church ORNAMENTS.
1. The Principles of Gothic Ecclesiastical Architecture,
elucidated by Question and Answer. By Matthew
Holbeck Bloxam. Fourth Edition.
2. A Few Words to Church wardens on Churches and
Church Ornaments. Published by the Cambridge Cam-
3. A Few Hints on the Practical Study of Ecclesiastical
Antiquities. For the Use of the Cambridge Camden
Society. Second Edition
IV. ARCHDEACON WRANGHAM'S LIFE AND WRITINGS.
1. Sermons, Dissertations, Translations, Poems, &c. &c.
2. The Pleiad; or, Evidences of Christianity.
3. The Works of the Rev. Thomas Zouch, D.D., F.R.S.
With a Memoir of his Life.
4. Translation of the Lyrics of Horace.
5. Langhorne's Plutarch. With Notes and Illustrations,
&c. Fifth Edition.
6. The Roman Catholic Claims.
7. The British Plutarch.
8. Waltoni Prolegomina, Recensuit.
9. New Version of the Psalms.
10. Arundines Cami. Collegit atque Edidit Henricus Drury
V. CONCILIATION IN MATTERS OF RELIGION.
1. An Essay on the Philosophical Evidence of Christianity;
or the Credibility obtained to a Scriptural Revelation
from its Coincidence with the Facts of Nature. By the
Rev. R. D. Hampden, M.A.
2. The Use and Abuse of Party Feeling in Matters of
Religion, considered in Eight Sermons. Being the
Bampton Lecture for 1822. By R. Wheatley, D.D.,
Archbishop of Dublin. Third Edition.
3. Sermons. By T. Arnold, D.D., Head Master of Rugby
VI. Church EXTENSION, BY CLERICAL ENDOWMENT.
1. A Bill to make provision for the Spiritual care of popu-
2. Speech of Sir Robert Peel, Bart., M.P., in the House of
Commons, on Friday, May 5, 1843, in a Committee of
the whole House, “ to consider the question of Endow-
ments of Ministers in populous districts.
3. Statistics of Dissent in England and Wales, from Dis-
senting authorities, proving the Inefficiency of the Volun-
tary Principle to meet the Spiritual wants of the Nation 113
VII. Royal GENEALOGIES, AND British ARCHITECTURE.
1. The Ancestry of Her Majesty Queen Victoria, and of
His Royal Highness Prince Albert. Comprised in
Thirty-two Tables, with Biographical Memoirs and
Heraldic Notices. By George Russell French, Archi-
2. The Genealogy and Armorial Bearings of the Sovereigns
of England, and a Description of the different styles of
British Architecture. By Archibald Barrington, M.D.
With an accompanying Chart
VIII. REUCHLIN AND SAVONAROLA.
1. The Life and Times of John Reuchlin, or Capnion, the
Father of the German Reformation. By Francis Barham,
Esq., Editor of the Hebrew and English Bible, Collier's
“Ecclesiastical History," &c.
2. The Life and Times of Girolamo Savonarola, illustrating
the Progress of the Reformation in Italy during the
IX. THE FACTORY EDUCATION Bill AND THE Dis-
Lord Ashley's Speech on Introducing the Factory Edu-
cation Bill in the House of Commons
X. GARBETT'S BAMPTON LECTURES.
Christ as Prophet, Priest, and King: being a Vindication
of the Church of England from Theological Novelties,
in Eight Lectures, preached before the University of
Oxford, at Canon Bampton's Lecture in the year 1842.
By James Garbett, M.A., Rector of Clayton, Sussex,
and Professor of Poetry in the University of Oxford. 184
XI. IRISH PROSPECTS AND GOVERNMENT DIFFICULTIES.
1. Speech of Lord Stanley on the Canadian Wheat and
2. A Letter to the Right Honourable Sir Robert Peel on
the Condition of England, and the'means of removing
the Causes of the Distress. By R. Torrens, Esq., F.R.S.
3. Some of the Difficulties of Ireland in the way of an im-
proving Government stated. By a Clergyman of the
Arch-diocese of Canterbury.
4. The Speech of the Right Hon. Lord Ashley, M.P., on
the Suppression of the Opium Trade.
5. Taxation, in its Operation, by means of the Income and
Assessed Taxes, considered. By William Makepeace.
6. Protection of Labour and Land closely allied with
Britain's Destiny. By R. Gale.
7. The Perils of the Nation; an Appeal to the Legislature,
the Clergy, and the Higher and Middle Classes. 200
The Scotch Secession ; Christian Union ; Dr. Pusey; Dissenters
and the Universities; the Weekly Offertory; the Sees of
Bangor and St. Asaph ; Societies
Tracts for the Last Days. Nos. I to 20
The Life of Robert Pollock, Author of " The Course of Time.'
By his Brother, David Pollock, A.M. With Selections from
Cyclopædia of Biblical Literature. By John Kitto
Two Treatises on the Church
. 247 Puseyism, or Anglo-Catholicism briefly considered in connexion
with the Doctrine of the Church of Rome
Four Letters to the Right Reverend Connop Thirlwall, Bishop of
St. David's; on the claims of the diocese of Wales to aug-
mentation out of the general fund at the disposal of the
Ecclesiastical Commissioners. By Cambrensis
Foxe's Book of Martyrs :
Anglo-Catholicism not Apostolical ; being an Inquiry into the
Scriptural Authority of the Leading Doctrines advocated in
the “ Tracts for the Times, and other publications of the
The Last Days, their near Approach and Perilous Character;
including a New Interpretation of the Seven Vials, the
Battle of Armageddon, and the Coming of the Son of Man. 249
An Additional Supplement to the Literary Policy of the Church
of Rome, exhibited in an account of the Damnatory Cata-
logues, or Indexes, &c.
History of the Sandwich Islands, &c.
The Perils of the Nation. An appeal to the Legislature, the
Clergy, and the Higher and Middle Classes
The Gospel Narrative of the Holy Week Harmonized, with Re-
The Life of St. Ignatius, Bishop of Antioch. No. 1 :
The Estatica of Youghal compared with the Wonders of the Tyrol:
in a Letter to the Earl of Shrewsbury
A Treatise on the State of the Soul, with reference to the Dead to
this Mortal Life; interspersed with some useful reflections 253
An Attempt to Determine the Sense of the Book of Common
Prayer on the Doctrine of Baptismal Regeneration : with a
Sermon on the Office and Duties of Sponsors
The Holy Bible ; accompanied throughout with a brief Herme.
neutic and Exegetical Commentary and Revised Version · 254
The Works of William Jay, collected and revised by himself. Vol.
VI. The Christian Contemplated, in a Course of Lectures . 254
The British Church, and other Poems
How shall we “Conform to the Liturgy of the Church of England ?" 255
A Companion for the Sick Room. Brief Thoughts on the Things
of God and the Soul. Pastoral Letters to the Inhabitants of
The Pastor Chief; or, the Escape of the Vaudois
The Rector's Note-Book nah the Jewess
The Inferno of Dante Alghieri, translated in the Terza Rima of
the original, with Notes and an Appendix
Sermons. By John Cawood, M.A.
A Metrical Version of the Book of Psalms, composed for Private
Meditation or Public Worship
The Life of William Wilberforce
A Sermon preached at Ripon Cathedral, Jan. 8, 1813, at the
Ordination of the Lord Bishop of Ripon
A Charge delivered to the Three Dioceses of Calcutta, Madras,
and Bombay, at the Primary Visitation, in the Autumn of
the Year 1842, and the Spring of 1813
The Union Version of the Psalms, in various Mctres
An Essay on the Relation in which the Moral Precepts of the Old
and New Testaments stand to each other
Caste and Slavery in the American Church
The History of the Church of Scotland, from the Reformation to
Mesmerism, the Gift of God: in Reply toʻ« Satanic Agency and