Sermons on the principal events and truths of redemption. To which are annexed, an Address and dissertation on the state of the departed and the descent of Christ into Hell, 1. kötet
C. and J. Rivington, 1824
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptance Acts ages Almighty Apostle appear authority behold blessed blood body brethren called character Christian Church comfort coming commandments concerning consider corruption cross darkness David dead death delay desire devoted display divine duty earth enjoyment established eternal event everlasting excite exercise faith Father favor finally Gentiles give glorious glory God's Gospel grace grave guilt hand happiness hath hearts heaven holy hope human immortality infinite interesting Israel Jesus Christ Jews John joys Judge justice King kingdom lead light lively Lord Matt means mercy Messiah mind nature never object offering passions peace perfect period pleasures prediction prepared present proclaimed promise prophets Psalm pursuits raised reason receive Redeemer render repentance resurrection reward righteousness salvation Saviour sense sinner sins sorrow soul spirit sufferings thee things thou tion truth universe unto virtue voice worship
375. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.
163. oldal - When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, (and knew not whence it was, but the servants which drew the water knew,) the governor of the feast...
241. oldal - Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive. So when even was come, the Lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
390. oldal - It is evident unto all men, diligently reading Holy Scripture and Ancient Authors, that from the Apostles' time there have been these Orders of Ministers in Christ's Church — Bishops, Priests and Deacons...
441. oldal - And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made unto the fathers, God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again ; as it is also written in the second Psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
242. oldal - And when they had received it, they murmured against the good man of the house, saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
48. oldal - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
179. oldal - He shall judge the poor of the people, he shall save the children of the needy, and shall break in pieces the oppressor.