Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Africa amount appears British called carried century changes climate coast compared considerable continued Cossacks course covered detail direction district east effect especially existence expedition exploration fact fall feet further geographical give given Government hand height hills illustrated important inch increase India interesting island Italy Lake land later less Loch London lower means miles mountain native nature northern observations occur origin passed period population possible present pressure Price probably railway reached regard region result rise river rocks scale Scotland seems seen sheet side Society southern square streams surface Survey taken temperature tion trees upper valley volcanic volume weather western whole wind winter
443. oldal - Not mine own fears, nor the prophetic soul Of the wide world dreaming on things to come, Can yet the lease of my true love control, Supposed as forfeit to a confined doom.
486. oldal - No right to the use of water for land in private ownership shall be sold for a tract exceeding 160 acres to any one landowner, and no such sale shall be made to any landowner unless he be an actual bona fide resident on such land, or occupant thereof residing in the neighborhood of said land, and no such right shall permanently attach until all payments therefor are made.
486. oldal - That all moneys received from the sale and disposal of public lands in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming...
72. oldal - The winds roared, and the rains fell. The poor white man, faint and weary, came and sat under our tree. He has no mother to bring him milk; no wife to grind his corn.
512. oldal - But thus much is certain, that he that commands the sea is at great liberty, and may take as much and as little of the war as he will.
486. oldal - reclamation fund," to be used in the examination and survey for and the construction and maintenance of irrigation works for the storage, diversion, and development of waters for the reclamation of arid and semiarid lands...
431. oldal - Here — here's his place, where meteors shoot, clouds form, Lightnings are loosened, Stars come and go...
26. oldal - The Stony Desert, in fact, is due to the absence of water. The country where it occurs was once covered by a sheet of the rock known as Desert Sandstone, in which there are abundant pebbles of quartz, sandstone, and other hard materials. The Desert Sandstone has slowly decayed under the action of the weather ; the loose sand has been blown away by the wind, and the hard fragments remain scattered over the ground.
519. oldal - On both points we get information from the ' Narrative ' of the above-named Ralph Fitch, who tells us that ' the Fleete which commeth every yeere from Portugal, which be foure, five, or sixe great shippes, commeth first hither [to Goa]. And they come for the most part in September, and remaine there fortie or fiftie dayes ; and then go to Cochin, where they lade their Pepper for Portugall.