A Discourse Concerning I. The True Import of the Words Election and Reprobation, and the Things Signified by Them in the Holy Scripture. II. The Extent of Christ's Redemption. III. The Grace of God ... IV. The Liberty of the Will in a State of Trial and Probation. V. The Perseverance Or Defectibility of the Saints ...: To which is Added a Postscript, in Answer to Some of Doctor Edwards's Remarks
F. C. and J. Rivington, 1816 - 464 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Discourse Concerning I. the True Import of the Words Election and ...
Daniel 1638-1726 Whitby
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according action Adam answer apostle argument assert assistance believe blessings blood called cause CHAP Christ died christians church commands concerning condemned condition contrary conversion death decree deny designed divine doctrine doth duty effect elect eternal evident evil exhortations faith fall Father fear follow give given glory God's gospel grace greatest hath hear heart holy impossible imputation intended Jesus Jews John justified live Lord mankind means mind motives nature never obedience OBJECTION obliged obtain offered pardon perform perish persons places preached procure produce promise prophets prove punishment reason receive render repentance represent reprobation requires respect righteousness saith salvation saved Saviour scripture Secondly sense sent shew sinners sins souls speaks Spirit styled sufferings sufficient sure things thou tion true truly truth turn understand unto verse vouchsafed whereas whole wicked words wrath
272. oldal - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing : therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live...
33. oldal - And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: 12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive ; and hearing they may hear, and not understand ; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
385. oldal - O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
220. oldal - I have greater witness than that of John : for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me that the Father hath sent me.
386. oldal - God ; and I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them : and I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them to do them good ; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
129. oldal - If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world,
353. oldal - But ye beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the holy Ghost, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
343. oldal - Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.