Eight Sermons Preached Before the University of Oxford: In the Year 1786, at the Lecture Founded by the Late Rev. John Bampton
Printed at the Clarendon Press, and sold by D. Prince and J. Cooke, 1786 - 210 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Eight Sermons Preached Before the University of Oxford, in the Year 1786, at ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
abuſe affected againſt ages allowed Almighty alſo Apoſtles appear argument attempt attention authority becauſe become bleſſed called cauſe charge Chriſt Chriſtian Church common concerning conſider created divine doctrine endeavour equal error eſtabliſhed evil explain faith Fathers firſt frequently give given Goſpel greater hath heart himſelf hiſtory Holy hope human idea ignorance imagine increaſe inſpiration inſtances inſtruction intended juſt kind knowledge known language learned leſs Lord matter mean ment mind morality moſt muſt natural neceſſary never objections obſervations opinions particular paſſages perhaps perſon practice prayers preſent proofs proper Prophet prove pſalms purpoſe reaſon received Reformers religion religious Rome ſaid ſame Saviour ſay Scripture ſee ſeems ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſome ſpiritual ſtate ſubject ſuch ſuppoſe themſelves theſe things thoſe thou tion true truth uſe whole whoſe writers
134. oldal - For scarcely for a righteous man will one die ; yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
50. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
59. oldal - And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you; and to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.
133. oldal - For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompense of reward ; how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him...
37. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord spake by me, And his word was in my tongue. The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God.
30. oldal - If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them...