Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid action affusion alcohol ammonia animals antimonial apoplexy Apothecaries appeared applied attended bladder blood body bowels brain calomel carbon carbonic acid cause cavity circumstances cold College of Physicians College of Surgeons Colocynth color commencement Committee complaint consequence considerable contained continued cure degree dilated disease dose effect emetic employed evacuations examination experiments extreme fever fluid Fourcroy frequently gentlemen grains heat induced inflammation inoculation instance intestines Ischuria labour lepra London magnesia matter Medical and Physical medicine membrane mercury mode months morbid muriatic muriatic acid nature nitric acid observed operation opinion opium organs pain particular passed patient pericardium persons Physical Journal potash practice practitioners present produced profession pulse quantity remarks remedies respect Royal College skin small-pox stomach substance sulphur sulphuric acid surgeon-apothecary surgery symptoms temperature tion treatment uric acid urine uterus vaccination variolous vessels violent vomiting wound
412. oldal - A Practical Synopsis of Cutaneous Diseases, according to the arrangement of Dr. Willan, exhibiting a Concise View of the Diagnostic Symptoms, and the Method of Treatment, Lon., 8vo, 3d ed., 1814; 8th ed., 1836.
218. oldal - Seetla, and who has the direction of this malady) as well in my own person as by causing the father of the child to perform the like ceremonies; after which, I run the drenched string into a needle, and, drawing it through between the skin and flesh of the child's upper arm, leave it there, performing the same operation in both arms, which, always ensures an easy eruption...
500. oldal - During his short and rapid literary career, he appeared to wield the thunderbolts iii his hand, and was an object of dread and adoration, like a kind of divinity. But where is his reputation now? It has sunk, since his death, as much below the true level, as it rose above it during his life-time.
504. oldal - ... in favour of the revolution, and that he was a determined enemy to the old order of things, from which he had suffered so severely at his entrance into life. At this period he had influence enough to save the life of some men of merit: among others, of Darcet, who did not know the obligation he lay under to him till long after. At last his own life was threatened, and his influence of course utterly annihilated. During this unfortunate and disgraceful period, several of the most eminent literary...
414. oldal - a very small and acuminated elevation of the cuticle, with an inflamed base, very seldom containing a fluid or suppurating, and commonly terminating in scurf.
415. oldal - Vesicula ( Vesicle): a small orbicular elevation of the cuticle, containing lymph, which is sometimes clear and colorless, but often opaque, and whitish or pearl-colored. It is succeeded either by scurf, or by a laminated scab.
176. oldal - The Modern Practice of Physic, "exhibiting the characters, causes, symptoms, prognostics, morbid appearances, and improved method of treating the diseases of all climates"; and James Makittrick Adair's Commentaries on the Principles and Practice of Physic, "Illustrated by pathological tables and practical cases.
347. oldal - Thomas's and Guy's Hospitals. — The Winter Course of Lectures st these adjoining hospitals, will commence the beginning of October, viz. At St. Thomas's. — Anatomy and the Operations of Surgery, by Mr. Astley Cooper and Mr.