Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Few Words on No.90 [By J.H. Newman] of the Tracts for the Times: In a Letter
Michael Hodsoll Miller
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
according agreed Apocrypha Apostles appears asserted attention author of Tract Baptism beginning believed Bishop blood body Book bread called Canonical Christian Church of England Church of Rome commanded commonly concerning condemned Confirmation considered contain Council of Trent creed dead death decree doctrine doth drawn establish eucharist expressed Faith Fathers feast founded given God's godly Gospel grace hath Holy Ghost Holy Scripture Homilies idolatry images inspiration Jesus Christ judge Kings lawful learned living Lord Lord's Supper Masses Matrimony meaning namely necessary never observe offered once opinion ordained passage prayers priests proceed Profession promise Prophets prove purgatory quotation quoted received refer Reformation relate rule Sacraments sacred sacrifice saints saith salvation Saviour Scrip sins sixth souls Spirit stand taken taught Testament thing third tion Tract 90 traditions true truth unto visible whole Wisdom word written
11. oldal - The Supper of the Lord is not only a sign of the love that Christians ought to have among themselves one to another, but rather is a sacrament of our redemption by Christ's death ; insomuch that, to such as rightly, worthily, and with faith receive the same, the bread which we break is a partaking of the body of Christ ; and likewise the cup of blessing is a partaking of the blood of Christ.
14. oldal - God's Word, or of the Sacraments, the which thing the Injunctions also lately set forth by Elizabeth our Queen do most plainly testify; but that only prerogative, which we see to have been given always to all godly Princes in holy Scriptures by God himself; that is, that they should rule all estates and degrees committed to their charge by God, whether they be Ecclesiastical or Temporal, and restrain with the civil sword the stubborn and evil-doers.
6. oldal - Ceremonies, and authority in Controversies of Faith: and yet it is not lawful for the Church to ordain any thing that is contrary to God's Word written, neither may it so expound one place of Scripture, that it be repugnant to another.
6. oldal - HOLY Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
11. oldal - Transubstantiation, (or the change of the substance of bread and wine) in the Supper of the Lord, cannot be proved by Holy Writ ; but is repugnant to the plain words of Scripture, overthroweth the nature of a Sacrament, and hath given occasion to many superstitions.
9. oldal - The visible church of Christ is a congregation of faithful men, in the which the pure word of God is preached, and the sacraments [be] duly administered according to Christ's ordinance, in all those things that of necessity are requisite to the same.
11. oldal - The Sacraments were not ordained of Christ to be gazed upon, or to be carried about, but that we should duly use them. And in such only as worthily receive the same they have a wholesome effect or operation: but they that receive them unworthily, purchase to themselves damnation, as Saint Paul saith.
8. oldal - Works done before the grace of Christ, and the Inspiration of his Spirit, are not pleasant to God, forasmuch as they spring not of faith in Jesus Christ, neither do they make men meet to receive grace, or (as the...
22. oldal - Religion agreed upon by the archbishops and bishops of both provinces and the whole clergy in the convocation holden at London in the year of our Lord God...