Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accepted admitted aged amendment appointed army attempt Bill British brought called carried cause Chamber chief close Conservative considerable Constitution Council course death debate discussion duty effect Egypt Egyptian elected England English expressed favour force foreign France Franchise Franchise Bill French further gave give given Gladstone Government hand held hope House House of Commons House of Lords important increase interest Ireland Italy July land late leaders less Liberal London Lord maintained majority March matter measure meeting ment Minister Ministry object once opinion Opposition Parliament party passed persons political position present President proposed question received Redistribution Reform regard remained reply reported represented result returned Salisbury Senate session showed side speech success taken tion took town vote whilst whole
44. oldal - Sea- Fisherman: comprising the Chief Methods of Hook and Line Fishing in the British and other Seas, a glance at Nets, and remarks on Boats and Boating. Second Edition, enlarged, with 80 Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 12s. Gd. The Fly- Fisher's Entomology. By ALFRED RONALDS. With coloured Representations of the Natural and Artificial Insect.
376. oldal - ... with reference to any means of communication by ship canal which may be constructed between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans by the way of the river San Juan de Nicaragua and either or both of the lakes of Nicaragua or Managua, to any port or place on the Pacific Ocean, the President of the United States has conferred full powers on John M.
66. oldal - Scotland being at present rather better provided in this respect than either of the other countries, over 200,000, and to the Irish constituency over 400,000; or in the main, to the present aggregate constituency of the United Kingdom taken at 3,000,000, it will add 2,000,000 more, nearly twice as much as was added since 1867, and more than four times as much as was added in 1832.
372. oldal - We therefore demand that the imposition of duties on foreign imports shall be made not "for revenue only," but that in raising the requisite revenues for the Government, such duties shall be so levied as to afford security to our diversified industries, and protection to the rights and wages of the laborer, to the end that active and intelligent labor, as well as capital, may have its just reward, and the laboring man his full share in the national prosperity.
89. oldal - LL.D., and in the following year he was elected a member of the Society of St.
80. oldal - I have characterized in language not a whit too strong, have now come to an end. Not a bit of it; they are going on still. The agricultural labourers are still being robbed.
94. oldal - The council committed the serious error of imagining that your lordship and Sir Stafford Northcote were in earnest in wishing them to become a real source of usefulness to the party. The council have been rudely undeceived. The day after the adoption of the report, before even I had had time to communicate that report officially to your lordship, I received a letter from Mr.
15. oldal - Queen, the Prince and Princess of Wales, and other members of the Royal Family.
94. oldal - The caucus may be, perhaps, a name of evil sound and omen in the ears of aristocratic or privileged classes, but it is undeniably the only form of political organisation which can collect, guide, and control for common objects large masses of electors...