Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absorbed absorption Acetic ether action amount of heat antimony aqueous vapour atmosphere atoms augmented ball basin beam bismuth body Boutigny brass calorific carbonic acid cause chilled cold condensation conduction conductor cool copper cube cylinder deflection degrees diathermancy direction distance earth effect electric energy ether expansion experiment experimental tube fall feet flame force freezing galvanometer gases Geant glacier glass hence hydrogen inches iron John Herschel Joule lamp lampblack latent heat lecture light liquid mass mechanical melting mercury metal molecular motion moves needle observed obtained olefiant gas oxygen particles pass plate platinum portion pound pressure produced quantity of heat radiant heat radiation raise rays rocker rocksalt screen sensible side silver snow solar solid source of heat space specific heat spectrum squeeze steam substance sufficient sulphuric ether surface temperature thermo-electric pile thermometer tion velocity vessel vibrations viscosity warm weight wire
481. oldal - Professor Owen's Lectures on the Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Invertebrate Animals. Second Edition, with 235 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. The Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Vertebrate Animals. By RICHARD' OWEN, FRSDCL With 1,472 Woodcuts.
496. oldal - Encyclopaedia of Agriculture ; comprising the Theory and Practice of the Valuation, Transfer, Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and of the Cultivation and Economy of the Animal and Vegetable Productions of Agriculture; Including all the latest Improvements, a general History of Agriculture in all Countries, a Statistical View of its present State, and Suggestions for its future progress in the British Isles.
492. oldal - A General Dictionary of Geography, Descriptive, Physical, Statistical, and Historical ; forming a complete Gazetteer of the World. By A. KEITH JOHNSTON, FRSE 8vo. 31s. 6d. M'Culloch's Dictionary, Geographical, Statistical, and Historical, of the various Countries, Places, and principal Natural Objects in the World.
483. oldal - Dove's Law of Storms, considered in connexion with the Ordinary Movements of the Atmosphere. Translated by RH SCOTT, MA 8vo. KM. dd. Air and Rain ; the Beginnings of a Chemical Climatology.
362. oldal - DUKE'S PALACE. [Enter DUKE, CURIO, LORDS; MUSICIANS attending.] DUKE. If music be the food of love, play on, Give me excess of it; that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken and so die.— That strain again;— it had a dying fall; O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet south, That breathes upon a bank of violets, Stealing and giving odour.— Enough; no more; 'Tis not so sweet now as it was before.
495. oldal - Bourne's Catechism of the Steam Engine in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture: With Practical Instructions for the Manufacture and Management of Engines of every class.
484. oldal - Kirby and Spence's Introduction to Entomology ; or, Elements of the Natural History of Insects : Comprising an Account of Noxious and Useful Insects, of their Metamorphoses, Food, Stratagems, Habitations, Societies, Motions, Noises, Hybernation, Instinct, &c.
496. oldal - The Cabinet Lawyer; a Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Civil, Criminal, and Constitutional. Twenty-Fifth Edition, corrected and extended. Fcp. 8vo.
477. oldal - The Debater ; a Series of Complete Debates, Outlines of Debates, and Questions for Discussion. *By F. ROWTON. Fcp.