Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
angle appears apply atmosphere attraction becomes building called canal cause changes Cloud columns compared consider considerable continued correction corresponding covered density depending depth determined diameter direction distance Earth effect elastic elevation equal equation example exist experiments expression extent extremity feet figure force former give given greater greatest ground heat height high water horizontal inches increase kind latitude latter length less limits lower mass mean measure meridian Meteor method moon motion mountains nearly North observations obtain ology Order parallel particles passing plane position present probably produced proportion quantity Rain regions remarked represented respect seen side snow sometimes supposed surface Table temperature Temple theory tide tion upper vapour vertical walls wave whole wind
131. oldal - night, colder than the atmosphere, by radiating their heat to the heavens, I perceived immediately a just reason for the practice, which I had before deemed useless. Being desirous, however, of acquiring some precise information on this subject, I fixed, perpendicularly, in the earth of
148. oldal - The Rain Cloud. A Cloud, or system of Clouds, from which rain is falling. It is a horizontal sheet, above which the Cirrus spreads, while the Cumulus enters it laterally and from beneath.
27. oldal - At Pékin, also, where the mean temperature of the year is that of the coasts of Brittany, the scorching heats of summer are greater than at Cairo, and the winters as rigorous as at Upsal,
147. oldal - When all you see through densest Fog is seen, When you can hear the fishers near at hand Distinctly speak, yet see not where they stand ; Or sometimes them and not their
292. oldal - When the length of the wave is great in comparison with the depth of the water, (as in the case of tide-waves,) the horizontal motion is sensibly the same from the surface to the bottom, and the vertical motion for different particles varies in the same proportion as their height above the bottom.
143. oldal - of aqueous vapour, and the situation of the ground is such as to permit the cold air from the land to mix with the warmer air above the water, Mist or Fog will be the result. The density of such Mist or Fog will,
132. oldal - whether on hill .. Sometimes, anon on shady vale, each night Under the covert of some ancient oak, Or cedar, to defend him from the Dew.
132. oldal - a hollow cylinder of baked clay, the height of which was 2£ feet, and diameter 1 foot. On the grass, surrounded by the cylinder, were laid 10 grains of wool, which, in this situation, as there was not the least wind, would have received as much rain as a like