Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
America appeared appointed arms army arrived attack attempt authority became body Boers British brought called Canada Cape carried chief church coast colonists colony Columbus command constitution continued council court crown death direction discovery early East empire enemy England English entered established European expedition five followed force formed four Free French gave given gold governor granted hand Hastings History hundred important India island John king known land less lives London Lord March means native never obtained officers parliament party passed peace period persons possession present President province received remained river sailed says sent settlement ships soon South subjects success taken territory thousand tion took town trade tribes troops United Virginia vols voyage whole
201. oldal - Firmly relying ourselves on the truth of Christianity, and acknowledging with gratitude the solace of religion, we disclaim alike the right and the desire to impose our convictions on any of our subjects.
104. oldal - The place was worthy of such a trial. It was the great hall of William Rufus, the hall which had resounded with acclamations at the inauguration of thirty kings, the hall which had witnessed the just sentence of Bacon and the just absolution of Somers, the hall where the eloquence of Strafford had for a moment awed and melted a victorious party inflamed with just resentment, the hall where Charles had confronted the High Court of Justice with the placid courage which has half redeemed his fame.
358. oldal - That we shall sincerely, really, and constantly, through the grace of God, endeavour in our several places and callings, the preservation of the reformed religion in the church of Scotland, in doctrine, worship, discipline, and government, against our common enemies...
361. oldal - An Act declaring the rights and liberties of the subject, and settling the succession of the crown to her present Majesty, and the heirs of her body, being Protestants.
104. oldal - Every step in the proceedings carried the mind either backward, through many troubled centuries, to the days when the foundations of our Constitution were laid ; or far away, over boundless seas and deserts, to dusky nations living under strange stars, worshipping strange gods, and writing strange characters from right to left.
366. oldal - That after the said limitation shall take effect as aforesaid, no person born out of the kingdoms of England, Scotland or Ireland or the dominions thereunto belonging (although he be naturalized or made a denizen, except such as are born of English parents) shall be capable to be of the privy council, or a member of either house of parliament...
293. oldal - The South African Republic will conclude no treaty or engagement with any State or nation other than the Orange Free State, nor with any native tribe to the eastward or westward of the Republic, until the same has been approved by her Majesty the Queen.
627. oldal - Our fathers were Englishmen which came over this great ocean, and were ready to perish in this wilderness ; but they cried unto the Lord, and He heard their voice and looked on their adversity,
363. oldal - Crown and royal dignity of the said kingdoms and dominions to be to the heira of the body of the said Princess; and for default of such issue to the Princess Anne of Denmark, and the heirs of her body ; and for default of such issue to the heirs of the bo"dy of the said Prince of Orange.