The Salvation of All Men Strictly Examined: And the Endless Punishment of Those who Die Impenitent : Argued and Defended Against the Objections and Reasonings of the Late Rev. Doctor Chauncy, of Boston ; in His Book Entitled "The Salvation of All Men," &c
C. Ewer and T. Bedlington, 1824 - 419 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absurd according actually ages allowed annihilation answer apostle appear applied argue argument asserted believers blessing chapter Christ committed concerning consequence considered consistent continued creature crime curse damned death delivered deserve destroyed divine divine law Doctor doctrine duration endless punishment enemy equally eternal everlasting evident evil expression faith Father finally fire follow further future give given glory grace granted greater happiness hath heaven hell holds hope idea implies inconsistent infinite inflicted instances justice kingdom less limited Lord manifest mankind means ment misery moral agency nature necessary never object observed Page passage perfect possible present principle proper prove question reader reason receive reconciled repentance requires respect reward salvation saved scheme scripture sense sinner sins suffer suppose supposition temporary things threatened tion torments true truth universal unjust verse whole wicked wrath
364. oldal - ... it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off : it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched : where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
231. oldal - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
367. oldal - He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment ; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
366. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us: and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are...
304. oldal - The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity, and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
362. oldal - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
223. oldal - Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; by whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
69. oldal - If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation ; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...
219. oldal - I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.