Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared arms asked beautiful become began better body brought called carried Catherine cause character child close continued course cried dear death dress effect entered eyes face father feel feet fire followed give half hand happy head heard heart hope hour interest Italy kind lady leave less Lettice light living look Lord manner matter means mind morning mother nature never night observed once passed perhaps person poor present received remained rest round seemed seen side sister soon sort speak spirit stand stood sure taken tell thing thou thought tion took turned voice whole young
73. oldal - But while she was still very young, oh, very, very young, the sister drooped, and came to be so weak that she could no longer stand in the window at night; and then the child looked sadly out by himself, and when he saw the star, turned round and said to the patient pale face on the bed, " I see the star! " and then a smile would come upon the face, and a little weak voice used to say, " God bless my brother and the star!
363. oldal - YET once more, O ye laurels, and once more, Ye myrtles brown, with ivy never sere, I come to pluck your berries harsh and crude, And with forced fingers rude Shatter your leaves before the mellowing year. Bitter constraint and sad occasion dear Compels me to disturb your season due; For Lycidas is dead, dead ere his prime, Young Lycidas, and hath not left his peer.
240. oldal - Let the wickedness of his fathers be had in remembrance in the sight of the Lord : and let not the sin of his mother be done away.
117. oldal - For this is not the liberty which we can hope, that no grievance ever should arise in the commonwealth ; that let no man in this world expect; but when complaints are freely heard, deeply considered, and speedily reformed, then is the utmost bound of civil liberty attained that wise men look for...
294. oldal - ... both of the King and his Council, if you would but do as all the Bishops and best learned of this realm have done.
444. oldal - Towards the morning of the 13th of November, 1799, we witnessed a most extraordinary scene of shooting meteors. Thousands of bodies and falling stars succeeded each other during four hours. Their direction was very regular from north to south. From the beginning of the phenomenon there was not a space in the firmament equal in extent to three diameters of the moon which was not filled every instant with bodies or falling stars. All the meteors left luminous traces or phosphorescent bands behind them,...
273. oldal - Charles Lamb had a head worthy of Aristotle, with as fine a heart as ever beat in human bosom, and limbs very fragile to sustain it. There was a caricature of him sold in the shops, which pretended to be a likeness. Procter went into the shop in a passion, and asked the man what he meant by putting forth such a libel. The man apologized, and said that the artist meant no offence.
73. oldal - He grew to be a young man, and was busy at his books when an old servant came to him and said: "Thy mother is no more. I bring her blessing on her darling son!" Again at night he saw the star, and all that former company. Said his sister's angel to the leader: "Is my brother come?
239. oldal - Wherefore, Mr. Speaker, her Majesty's Pleasure is, that if you perceive any idle heads, which will not stick to hazard their own Estates ; which will meddle with reforming the Church, and transforming the Commonwealth ; and do exhibit any Bills to such purpose, that you receive them not, until they be viewed and considered by those, who, it is fitter should consider of such things, and can better judge of them.
115. oldal - Nay, it were better to meet some dangers half way, though they come nothing near, than to keep too long a watch upon their approaches ; for if a man watch too long, it is odds he will fall asleep. On the other side, to be deceived with two long shadows, (as some have been, when the moon was low, and shone on their enemies...