Several Sermons and Discourses: Of William Dell, Minister of the Gospel; ... Heretofore Published at Several Times, ... and Now Gathered in One Volume, ...
printed in the year 1652, and now re-printed by J. Sowle, 1709 - 648 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able according againſt alſo Anſwer Antichriſt Apoſtles Baptiſm becauſe Believers better body born bring build called carnal cauſe Chriſt Chriſtians comes crucified death Devil difference Divine Doctrine doth dwells Earth Error evil faith falſe Father firſt fleſh gift give given glory Gods Goſpel Government Grace greater hands hath Head hear hearts Heaven himſelf Holy Spirit Humane Jeſus John judge King Kingdom Knowledge Learning light live Lord means mind Miniſters Miniſtry moſt muſt Name nature needs never offended Officers outward Paul peace preach preſent promiſe Prophets receive Reformation righteouſneſs ſaid Saints ſame ſay Scriptures ſee ſelf ſelves ſet ſhall ſhould ſome Soul ſpeak ſtand ſtrength ſuch ſuffer taught teach Teachers thee themſelves ther theſe things thoſe thou true Church truly Truth unity Univerſities unto uſe Wherefore whole wiſdom word worldly
454. oldal - I am the door ; by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
443. oldal - If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation ; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...
427. oldal - Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost...
351. oldal - If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works : that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
483. oldal - Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them.
426. oldal - Take away all hatred and prejudice, and whatsoever else may hinder us from godly Union and Concord: that, as there is but one Body, and one Spirit, and one Hope of our Calling, one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism, one God and Father of us all, so we may...
68. oldal - O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, Behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, And lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, And thy gates of carbuncles, And all thy borders of pleasant stones.
410. oldal - God : and being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost, not many days hence.
128. oldal - And, in the fame epiftle, chap. iii. 18, he thus defcribes the progrefs of the chriftian life, " But we all, with open face, beholding, as in a. glafs^ the " "glory of the Lord, are changed into the fame image, " from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.