Horæ Mosaicæ: Or, A Dissertation on the Credibility and Theology of the Pentateuch. Comprehending the Substance of Eight Lectures Read Before the University of Oxford, in the Year 1801; Pursuant to the Will of the Late Rev. John Bampton, A.M.
F.C. and J. Rivington, 1818
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according adopted ancient Angel of Jehovah apostle appeared assertion authority beginning beheld body called character Christ Christian Church circumstance consequence created death Deity denominated dispensation distinct divine doctrine eternal evidently evil existence expected express faith Father flesh Gentiles give given God's Gospel hand hath heaven Hebrew Hence holy human import Israel Israelites Jacob Jews John king language less Levitical light Lord manifestation manner matter meaning Melchizedek Messiah Metatron mode mortal Moses mysterious nature never observed offered opinion original Pagan passage Patriarchal Paul period person plainly present priest priesthood prince principle promised prophet reason received remarkable respecting sacrifice Scripture Seed seen sent similar single speak Spirit suppose term thee things third thou tion true unto visible whole Word
425. oldal - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
439. oldal - For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house...
357. oldal - Then I said, I have laboured in vain, I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain : yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
410. oldal - Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the Prophets : I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
403. oldal - For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles ; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
228. oldal - The Old Testament is not contrary to the New ; for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to mankind by CHRIST, who is the only mediator between GOD and man, being both GOD and man. Wherefore they are not to be heard, which feign, that the old fathers did look only for transitory promises.
213. oldal - Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
398. oldal - Go, and tell this people; "Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not." "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
356. oldal - I AM sought of them that asked not for me ; I am found of them that sought me not : I said, " Behold me, behold me ! " unto a nation that was not called by my name.
433. oldal - Albeit that good works, which are the fruits of faith, and follow after justification, cannot put away our sins, and endure the severity of God's judgment ; yet are they pleasing and acceptable to God in Christ, and do spring out necessarily of a true and lively faith ; insomuch that by them a li vely faith may be as evidently known, as a tree discerned by the fruit.