Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid ancient angle animal annuity appears arms astronomy axis birds body called church colour common compound compound interest consists contains convex convex lens court degree denominated diameter distance divided ductile earth England equal escutcheon feet fish fluid fusible genus given glass Glires globe gold hatchment heat heptarchy heraldry honour hour hydrogen hydrogen gas inches insects instrument iron kind king knight-service larvae length lens letters logarithms lord magnet means ment metal miles motion natural history nitric acid º º object observed Oestrus officer oxygen parliament particles pass perpendicular person plant Plate produced quantity refracted round shew side sometimes species specific gravity sphere stone substance supposed surface term thing tion triangle usually vessel weight wheel whole word zoölogy
359. oldal - Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the gospel, and the Protestant reformed religion established by the law? And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them? King or queen: All this I promise to do.
45. oldal - This is a high prerogative writ, and therefore by the common law issuing out of the court of king's bench not only in term-time, but also during the vacation, by a fiat from the chief justice or any other of the judges, and running into all parts of the king's dominions; for the king is at all times entitled to have an account, why the liberty of any of his subjects is restrained, wherever that restraint may be inflicted.
319. oldal - Every body perseveres in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed thereon.
5. oldal - A Proposition, is something which is either proposed to be done, or to be demonstrated, and is either a problem or a theorem.
5. oldal - A Circle is a plane figure bounded by a curved line called the circumference, every point of which is equally distant from a point within called the centre ; as ABD E.
228. oldal - But every man, when he enters into society, gives up a part of his natural liberty, as the price of so valuable a purchase ; and in consideration of receiving the advantages of mutual commerce, obliges himself to conform to those laws, which the community has thought proper to establish.
361. oldal - Odin is believed to have been the name of the one true god among the first colonies who came from the East, and peopled Germany and Scandinavia, and among their posterity for several ages.
327. oldal - The study of natural history, simple, beautiful, and instructive, consists in the collection, arrangement, and exhibition of the various productions of the earth.
333. oldal - Thy arts of building from the bee receive; Learn of the mole to plough, the worm to weave; Learn of the little nautilus to sail, Spread the thin oar, and catch the driving gale.