Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid gas action animal appear applied axis body carriage cause charcoal coal colour combined common compound consequently considerable contained continued described draw edge effect employed equal experiments feet fixed force four frame gate give given green gypsum half hand head heat horses hydrogen improved inches increased indigo iron kind land leaves length less light lime lower machine manner matter means metal method mines mould-board muriatic acid nature nearly necessary observed obtained operation oxygen oxymuriatic acid pass piece plants Plate plough potash present pressed principle probably produced proper proportion quantity raised represents respect roller round separated SERIES side similar spring substance sufficient sugar sulphur surface tion tube turn upper usual vegetable weight wheels whole wood
13. oldal - Now Know Ye, that in compliance with the said proviso, I, the said Adolphe Nicole, do hereby declare that the nature of my said Invention, and the manner in which the same is to be performed, are...
197. oldal - Witty do declare that the nature of my said invention, and the manner in which the same is to be performed, is described and ascertained...
242. oldal - ... on the wooden railways, as it would help to pay the interest by reducing the repairs of the rails, and if iron should take any sudden rise, there was nothing to do but to take them up, and send them away as pigs.
242. oldal - Railways have been in use in this kingdom time out of mind, and they were usually formed of scantlings of good sound oak, laid on sills or sleepers of the same timber, and pinned together with the same stuff.
166. oldal - July; and when these had afforded shoots about four inches long, the remaining ligatures were taken off, to permit the excess of sap to pass on ; and the young shoots were nailed to the wall. Being there properly exposed to light^ their wood ripened well, and afforded blossoms in the succeeding spring : this would, I do not doubt," have afforded fruit ; but that, leaving my residence at lilton for this?
300. oldal - ... and when it is exposed to the usual percussion of the water, the transparent parts of its body are alone luminous. In the month of September 1805, I again visited Herne Bay, and frequently had opportunities of witnessing the luminous appearance of the sea. I caught many of the hemispherical and minute species of medusa, but not one of the beroe fulgens.
95. oldal - If oxymuriatic acid gas be introduced into a vessel exhausted of air, containing tin, and the tin be gently heated, and the gas in sufficient quantity, the tin and the gas disappear, and a limpid fluid, precisely the same as Libavius's liquor is formed ; — it occurred to me, that if this substance is a combination of muriatic acid and oxide of tin, oxide of tin ought to be separated from it by means of ammonia. I admitted...
372. oldal - The luminous matter in all situations, so far from possessing phosphoric properties, is incombustible, and loses the quality of emitting light, by being dried or much heated. The exhibition of light, however long it may be continued, causes no diminution of the bulk of the luminous matter. It does not require the presence of pure air, and is not extinguished by other gases.
302. oldal - ... suddenly it changed to a white flaming colour all around : this bore no resemblance to the sparkling or glowing appearance he had observed on other occasions in seas near the equator, but was a regular white colour, like milk, and did not continue more than ten...