Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
admiral afterwards allowed appeared arms army attended authority battle became believed Beza bishop blood body brother brought called cardinal Catharine cause celebrated character Charles Charles ix chief Christian church Coligny command continued count court death desire died doctrines duke duke of Guise enemies errors escaped faith favour fear followers France French friends given gospel Guise hand head Henry heresy heretics hope Huguenot interests killed king of Navarre king's kingdom known Languedoc leaders learned lived massacre means mind ministers monk Montmorency mother murdered never obtain once opinions opposed Paris party peace persons political pope possessed prince de Condé prisoner probably Protestantism Protestants queen received reformation reign religion religious replied Roman Catholic Rome royal says sent sister soon spirit subjects suffered taken testants took truth wished worship young
74. oldal - AS pants the hart for cooling streams, When heated in the chase ; So longs my soul, O GOD, for thee, And thy refreshing grace. 2 For thee, my GOD, the living GOD, My thirsty soul doth pine ; O ! when shall I behold thy face, Thou Majesty divine ? 3...
192. oldal - More especially, we pray for the good estate of the Catholic Church; that it may be so guided and governed by Thy good Spirit, that all who profess and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth, and hold the faith in unity of spirit, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.
50. oldal - Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
20. oldal - ... you, with the apostle Paul, to employ guile with regard to this count, for in this case it ought to be called prudence. We must attack, separately, those who are separated from unity, leave for a time the count of Toulouse, employing towards him a wise dissimulation, that the other heretics may be the more easily defeated, and that afterwards we may crush him when he shall be left alone.
18. oldal - ... keep not faith towards God, or who are separated from the communion of the faithful : we discharge, by apostolic authority, all those who believe themselves bound towards this count by any oath either of...
185. oldal - King, transported with anger, told them, in a fierce and haughty tone that he would no longer be contradicted in his opinions by his subjects; that they, by their example, should teach others to revere him as the image of God, and cease to be enemies to the images of his mother.
90. oldal - He is the freeman whom the truth makes free, And all are slaves besides.
186. oldal - He ended by declaring that if they did not go to mass, he would treat them as criminals guilty of treason against divine and human majesty.
17. oldal - What pride has seized your heart, and what is your folly, to refuse peace with your neighbours, and to brave the divine laws, by protecting the enemies of the faith? If you do not fear eternal flames, ought you not to dread the temporal chastisements which you have merited by so many crimes...