Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Admiral appear become believe called Catholic cause century character Christian Church civil claim course criticism death Divine effect England English evidence existence expression fact faith feeling follow force German give given hand House human idea important influence interest Italy kind King knowledge known land less letter light living look Lord matter means ment mind moral nature never once opinion original party passed perhaps political Pope position present principle question readers reason record reform regard relation religion religious remarkable respect result Roman Rome Scripture seems sense side speak spirit story success theory things thought tion true truth turn University volume whole writer
74. oldal - Firmly relying ourselves on the truth of Christianity, and acknowledging with gratitude the solace of religion, we disclaim alike the right and the desire to impose our convictions on any of our subjects.
97. oldal - Thus I pacified Psyche and kissed her, And tempted her out of her gloom, And conquered her scruples and gloom; And we passed to the end of the vista, But were stopped by the door of a tomb, By the door of a legended tomb; And I said — "What is written, sweet sister, On the door of this legended tomb?" She replied — "Ulalume — Ulalume — 'T is the vault of thy lost Ulalume!
97. oldal - It was surely October On this very night of last year That I journeyed — I journeyed down here — That I brought a dread burden down here! On this night of all nights in the year, Ah, what demon has tempted me here? Well I know, now, this dim lake of Auber — This misty mid region of Weir — Well I know, now, this dank tarn of Auber, This ghoul-haunted woodland of Weir.
198. oldal - Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father, and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
47. oldal - For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us : for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.
48. oldal - Some therefore cried one thing, and some another : for the assembly was confused, and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.
281. oldal - LOVER (Samuel), RHA The Life of Samuel Lover, RHA ; Artistic, Literary, and Musical. With Selections from his Unpublished Papers and Correspondence.
96. oldal - But our love it was stronger by far than the love Of those who were older than we, Of many far wiser than we; And neither the angels in heaven above. Nor the demons down under the sea, Can ever dissever my soul from the soul Of the beautiful Annabel Lee: For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams Of the beautiful Annabel Lee...
315. oldal - ANCIENT CLASSICS FOR ENGLISH READERS. EDITED BY THE REV. W. LUCAS COLLINS, MA Complete in 28 Vols.