A Summary of Christian Faith and Practice Confirmed by References to the Text of Holy Scripture: Compared with the Liturgy, Articles, and Homilies of the Church of England ...
F.C. & J. Rivington, 1822
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Summary of Christian Faith & Practice, Confirmed by References to the Text ...
Edward John Burrow
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
acceptable according Acts adoption Almighty Answer Apostles Baptism baptized believe believeth beloved benefits beseech blessed blood body born bread brethren bring called cause chosen Christ Jesus Christian church commandments continually Covenant dead death desire divine doctrine doth earth elect Ephes eternal everlasting evil faith Father fear flesh forgive fruit gave gift give given glory God's godly Gospel grace grant hand hast hath hear hearts heaven heavenly Holy Ghost Holy Spirit hope John justified keep kingdom knowledge light live Lord Jesus Christ Mast Matt mind ministers nature obedience ourselves Paul peace perfect persons pray prayer preach promise receive repentance righteousness Sacraments saints saith salvation sanctified saved Scho Scripture sent servants sins soul suffer thee things thou tion true truth unto viii walk Wherefore
184. oldal - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
308. oldal - Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
417. oldal - I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud...
58. oldal - Isaac; (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth): it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
156. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, " And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body ; what doth it profit 1 "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
508. oldal - For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us...
419. oldal - Christ: in whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
23. oldal - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good Word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
313. oldal - Jesus : that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts ; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind ; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.