Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actions affection appear beauty becauſe believe body character conſider converſation death deſire diſcover divine eternity excellent exiſtence eyes faculties fall fame father fear firſt fortune give given greateſt hand happineſs happy heart himſelf honour hope human humour idea imagination itſelf kind knowledge laſt learning letter light live look mankind manner means meet mind moſt muſt myſelf nature never objects obſerve occaſion ourſelves pain particular paſſion perfection perſon pleaſed pleaſure preſent proper reaſon receive reflection ſaid ſame ſay ſee ſeems ſenſe ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhe ſhew ſhort ſhould ſince ſome ſoul ſpeak SPECTATOR ſtate ſtill ſubject ſuch tell thee themſelves theſe thing thoſe thou thought tion truth turn uſe virtue whole wife young
32. oldal - I see multitudes of people passing over it, said I, and a black cloud hanging on each end of it. As I looked more attentively, I saw several of the passengers dropping through the bridge, into the great tide that flowed underneath it ; and upon...
231. oldal - And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches and honour, so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
146. oldal - I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
216. oldal - That it should come to this! But two months dead: nay, not so much, not two: So excellent a king; that was, to this, Hyperion to a satyr; so loving to my mother That he might not beteem the winds of heaven Visit her face too roughly.
122. oldal - And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the Scriptures?
230. oldal - Lord, my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father; and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
340. oldal - Dutch, whom we are apt to despise for want of genius, show an infinitely greater taste of antiquity and politeness in their buildings and works of this nature, than what we meet with in those of our own country.
34. oldal - I wished for the wings of an eagle, that I might fly away to those happy seats; but the genius told me there was no passage to them, except through the gates of death that I saw opening every moment upon the bridge. The islands...
217. oldal - ... uncle, My father's brother, but no more like my father Than I to Hercules: within a month, Ere yet the salt of most unrighteous tears Had left the flushing in her galled eyes, She married.
35. oldal - The genius making me no answer, I turned about to address myself to him a second time, but I found that he had left me; I then turned again to the vision which I had been so long contemplating, but instead of the rolling tide, the arched bridge, and the happy islands, I saw nothing but the long hollow valley of Bagdat, with oxen, sheep, and camels grazing upon the sides of it.