The Works of the Rev. H. Scougal: Containing the Life of God in the Soul of Man; with Nine Other Discourses on Important Subjects. To which is Added a Sermon Preached at the Author's Funeral, by George Gairden
Pierce and Williams, 1831 - 272 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions advantage affection afflictions appear become behold better blessed blood body certainly charity Christ Christian church concerned consider consideration conversation corrupt death delight desire devotion divine doth duty earth endeavours enemies eternal evil excellent exercise express eyes faith Father fear frequently give glory greater greatest hand happiness hath hearts heaven holy honour hope humility importance inclinations infinite injury interest Jesus kind knowledge learned less light live look Lord matter means mind misery nature necessary needs never obliged observe occasion once ourselves passion perfections performance perhaps person piety pious pleasure practice present ready reason religion Saviour sense sensible serious serve sins soul speak spirit sufferings sure taken tell temper things thou thoughts tion trouble true understand unto wherein whole wonder
217. oldal - ... looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority, let no man despise thee.
156. oldal - Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.
195. oldal - Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? May I not wash in them, and be clean?
120. oldal - I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; "Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke; turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.
215. oldal - Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves : for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
152. oldal - Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
153. oldal - Thou crownest the year with thy goodness ; And thy paths drop fatness. They drop upon the pastures of the wilderness : And the little hills rejoice on every side. The pastures are clothed with flocks ; The valleys also are covered over with corn ; They shout for joy, they also sing.
153. oldal - They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble. They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.