Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affection allowed answer appear argument attended authority become believe better called Carlile cause challenge character Christian consequences consider continued discussion divine doubt engaged equal evidence evil excellent existence fact faculty fair faith fear feel friends give hand happiness hear heart hold honest honour hope human ignorance Infidel interest Jews justice kind knowledge learned least less live look mankind manner matter means meeting mind moral nature never object observe once opinions original ourselves passion perfect persons pleasure political possible preachers present principle produce prove question reason received reform religion religious respect sense sentiment sincerity society sort stand supposed sure Taylor thing thought tion true truth understand universal vice virtue whole wise wish wrong
309. oldal - Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased ; Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow ; Raze out the written troubles of the brain ; And, with some sweet, oblivious antidote, Cleanse the stuffed bosom of that perilous stuff, Which weighs upon the heart ? Doct.
465. oldal - The seasons' difference, as the icy fang And churlish chiding of the winter's wind, Which, when it bites and blows upon my body, Even till I shrink with cold, I smile and say ' This is no flattery : these are counsellors 10 That feelingly persuade me what I am.
80. oldal - Deign on the passing world to turn thine eyes, And pause awhile from letters, to be wise; There mark what ills the scholar's life assail, Toil, envy, want, the patron, and the jail.
70. oldal - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers : for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
630. oldal - And going on from thence, He saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and He called them. And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed Him.
766. oldal - Wherefore, if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert, go not forth ; behold, he is in the secret chambers, believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west ; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
526. oldal - And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
661. oldal - Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith...
823. oldal - For dogs have compassed me, the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones : they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.