Enoch Restitutus: Or an Attempt to Separate from the Books of Enoch, the Book Quoted by St. Jude : Also a Comparison of the Chronology of Enoch with the Hebrew Computation, and with the Periods Mentioned in the Book of Daniel and in the Apocalypse
J. G. & F. Rivington, 1836 - 412 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according added admitted agree already ancient angels Apocalypse appears ascribed assume attributed belong book of Enoch called cause century Christian coincidence collection computation concerning conclusion contained derived destruction doubt early earth elect endeavoured evidence existed expected expression fact fire former fragments give given glory hand hath heaven Hebrew Hermes holy inference Jewish Jews judgment king knowledge known latter least light lines living Lord of spirits meaning mentioned mountains observed occur opinion original pass passage period portions present preserved probable prophecy prophetic quotation quoted referred regard relate remain remarkable Revelation righteous says Scripture seems seen sense seventh shew Sibyl Sibylline speaking sufficient supposed supposition taken testimony things third thousand throne tion trace tradition translation unto various verses waters week whole writings written και
17. oldal - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held : and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth...
66. oldal - And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
19. oldal - I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool; his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was 'set, and the books were opened.
33. oldal - And I saw no temple therein : for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun neither of the moon, to shine in it ; for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it : and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25. oldal - And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bond-man, and every free-man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains ; and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb : for the great day of His wrath is come ; and who shall be able to stand...
13. oldal - And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; We have waited for him, and he will save us: This is the Lord ; we have waited for him , We will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
35. oldal - Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel...
47. oldal - He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people. 5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
43. oldal - And the seventh angel sounded ; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ ; and he shall reign for ever and ever...
51. oldal - How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery (as I wrote afore in few words, whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit...