Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action appeared applied attack attended became become blood body called cause child circumstances cold communication consequence considerable considered constitution contained continued course cure disease doubt effect employed eruption evident examination excited exist experience extremely eyes facts fever fluid four frequently give given head Hospital important increased inflammation inoculation instances Journal kind late least leave less manner matter means medicine membrane months nature nearly necessary never object observed occasion occurred operation opinion organ original pain particular patient perhaps period persons Physical physician plant practice present probably produced progress proved pulse quantity readers reason received remarks remedy respect says seems side similar slight small-pox sometimes soon success sufficient supposed surgeon symptoms taken tion treatment usual vaccination whole
285. oldal - These several Lectures are so arranged, that no two of them interfere in the hours of attendance; and the whole is calculated to form a complete course of medical and chirurgical instruction.
70. oldal - This shrub should never be permitted to grow in corn lands, for the ears of wheat that grow near it never fill, and its influence in this respect has been known to extend as far as 3 or 4 hundred yards across a field.
106. oldal - He tried his new method in the first instance tentatively and fearfully ; " So that in my budding practice thereof I always had my cauteries and hot irons in a readiness, that if anything happened otherwise than I expected in this my new work I might fetch succour from the ancient practice ; until at length confirmed by the happy experience of almost an infinite number of particulars, I bid eternally adieu to all hot irons and cauteries which were commonly used in this work, and I think it fit that...
546. oldal - ... during fermentation. The twigs are then hung up to dry, and at the next brewing they are put into the wort 'instead of yeast. In Italy the chips are frequently 'put into turbid wine, for the purpose of clearing it : .this is effected in about twenty-four hours.
106. oldal - Chirurgeons, that leaving this old and too too cruel way of healing, they would embrace this new, which I think was taught me by the special favour of the Sacred Deity; for I learnt it not of my Masters, nor of any other ; neither have I at any time found it used by any...
286. oldal - Candidates for the midwifery diploma, shall be examined on the anatomy and physiology of the female generative system, the theory and practice of midwifery, and on the diseases of women and children ; and if...
106. oldal - Wherefore I must earnestly entreat all chirurgeons, that leaving this old and too too cruel way of healing, they would embrace this new, which I think was taught me by the special favour of the sacred Deity, for I learnt it not of my masters, nor of any other, neither have I at any time 'l_ found it used by any.
285. oldal - Hospital, during the ensuing winter: — On the Theory and Practice of Medicine, by Dr. ROBERTS and Dr. POWELL. On Anatomy and Physiology, by Mr. ABERNETHY. On the Theory and Practice of Surgery, by Mr. ABERNETHY. On comparative Anatomy and Physiology, by Mr. MACARTNEY. On Chemistry, by Dr. EDWARDS. On the Materia Medica, by Dr.