Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
act of parliament Andrews appointed archbishop Argyle arms Assembly authority betwixt bishop of Dunblane bishop of Edinburgh Burnet called Carstares Christ christian church church of Scotland command confession conventicles court covenant covenanters crown declared deprived diocese doctrine duke of Monmouth duke of York earl ecclesiastical Edinburgh enemies England episcopacy episcopal clergy established estates estates of parliament faith fanatics favour field conventicles Glasgow grace Hamilton hath History indulged Jesuits king James king's kingdom kirk late Lauderdale laws letter liberty lordship majesty majesty's meeting ment murder nation never oath obliged papists parish party persecution persons popery popish prayers preach preachers prelacy prelates presby presbyterian ministers presbyters present primate prince prince of Orange principles privy council proclamation protestant rabble reason rebellion rebels reformed refused religion royal says schism Scotland Scots Scots Worthies sent shewed suffered supremacy synod terians tion whigs William Wodrow
454. oldal - O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united! For in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they digged down a wall. Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce, and their wrath, for it was cruel. I will divide them in Jacob and scatter them in Israel.
248. oldal - Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme ; or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evil doers, and for the praise of them that do well.
335. oldal - But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience...
394. oldal - Ireland and the dominions thereunto belonging,* to hold the crown and royal dignity of the said kingdom and dominions to them, the said prince and princess, during their lives and the life of the survivor of them; and that the sole and full exercise of the regal power be only in and executed by the said prince of Orange...
510. oldal - For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
99. oldal - And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, Is it peace, Jehu ? And he answered, What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many ? 23 And Joram turned his hands, and fled, and said to Ahaziah, There is treachery, O Ahaziah.
404. oldal - Having therefore an entire confidence, That his said highness the Prince of Orange will perfect the deliverance so far advanced by him, and will still preserve them from the violation of their rights, which they have here asserted, and from all other attempts upon their religion, rights, and liberties.
634. oldal - ... belonging. And I do solemnly and sincerely declare that I do believe in my conscience that the person pretended to be Prince of Wales during the life of the late King James, and since his decease pretending to be and takes npon himself the style and title of King of England, by the name of James the Third...