Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Child and the Man: Or, the Children, the Sabbath School, and the World
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
American amid ascer awaken bath school become benevolence Bible blessing character chil child childhood Christ civilization colporteurs converted darkness deep foundations destiny divine divine grace dren duty early earth Eden garden enterprise eternity evangelical evil faith father feel give glory God's gospel grace habits hand heart heathen heaven holy hope human hundred important infant infidelity influence institution instruction intel kingdom kingdom of heaven labor land liberty light living Lord means means of grace ments mighty millions mind missionary moral mother mountains move nation nature neglected never ocean parents perishing piety population prayers principles reach religion religious republic Robert Raikes Sabbath breaking Sabbath school teacher salvation seed society soul spirit square miles sublime Sunday school taught teach temple things thou thousand throne tion truth Union valley vice virtue voice whole words young youth
169. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
115. oldal - Delightful task! to rear the tender thought, To teach the young idea how to shoot, To pour the fresh instruction o'er the mind, To breathe the' enlivening spirit, and to fix The generous purpose in the glowing breast.
169. oldal - But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him; and his righteousness unto children's children ; to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.
360. oldal - For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
xiii. oldal - Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
269. oldal - Poor people, said a sensible old nurse to us once, do not bring up their children ; they drag them up. The little careless darling of the wealthier nursery, in their hovel is transformed betimes into a premature reflecting person. No one has time to dandle it, no. one thinks it worth while to coax it, to soothe it, to toss it up and down, to humour it.
73. oldal - The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth: the leaves thereof were fair, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meat for all: the beasts of the field had shadow under it, and the fowls of the heaven dwelt in the boughs thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.
167. oldal - Go, stand on the hill where they lie. The earliest ray of the golden day On that hallowed spot is cast ; And the evening sun, as he leaves the world, Looks kindly on that spot last. The pilgrim spirit has not fled : It walks in noon's broad light ; And it watches the bed of the glorious dead, With the holy stars, by night. It watches the bed of the brave who have bled, And shall guard this ice-bound shore, Till the waves of the bay, where the May-Flower lay, Shall foam and freeze no more.