Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Address Administration admitted affairs amendment announced asked believe boroughs brought forward Budget Cabinet Chancellor character classes cloth Committee consideration considered Constitution course criticism debate declared Demy 8vo Disraeli Disraeli's duty Edition election electors England English estimates Europe Exchequer expenditure expressed fact favour Fenian foreign policy France franchise French Gladstone Gladstone's House of Commons Illustrations Income Tax India interests Ireland Irish Church Italy Large crown 8vo leader Liberal party Lord Beaconsfield Lord Derby Lord John Russell Lord Palmerston Lord Russell's Majesty Majesty's Government matter measure ment millions Minister noble Lord occasion opinion opposed Opposition Parliament Parliamentary peace political principle promised proposed protested Queen Queen's Speech question of Reform reference Reform Bill regard remarkable reply representation resolutions revenue right honourable gentleman Russell's scheme Session spirit suffrage surplus taxation tion Tory party Treaty vols vote Whig whilst
299. oldal - Who but must laugh if such a man there be ? Who would not weep if Atticus were he?
7. oldal - Assaying : As applied to the Manufacture of Iron from its Ores, and to Cast Iron, Wrought Iron, and Steel, as found in Commerce.
23. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an e- er widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a .really handsome library form.
456. oldal - For nearly five years the present Ministers have harassed every trade, worried every profession, and assailed or menaced every class, institution, and species of property in the country. Occasionally they have varied this state of civil warfare by perpetrating some job which outraged public opinion, or by stumbling into mistakes which have been always discreditable, and sometimes ruinous. All this they call a policy, and seem quite proud of it ; but the country has, I think, made up its mind to close...
14. oldal - POLLEN (JH)— ANCIENT AND MODERN FURNITURE AND WOODWORK IN THE SOUTH KENSINGTON MUSEUM. With an Introduction, and Illustrated with numerous Coloured Photographs and Woodcuts. Royal 8vo, half-morocco, ^i is.
113. oldal - Wales; and that no readjustment of the franchise will satisfy this House or the country which does not provide for a greater extension of the suffrage in cities and boroughs than is contemplated in the present measure.
10. oldal - HARDY (CAPT. C.)— FOREST LIFE IN ACADIE ; and Sketches of Sport and Natural History in the Lower Provinces of the Canadian Dominion. With Illustrations.
23. oldal - Disraeli inaugurated a two nights' debate, by moving, 'That it would be expedient, before sanctioning the financial arrangements for the ensuing year, to adjust the estimated income and expenditure in a manner which shall appear best calculated to secure the country against the risk of a deficiency in the years 1858-9 and 1859-60, and to provide for such a balance of revenue and charge respectively in the year 1860 as may place it in the power of Parliament at that period, without embarrassment to...