The pilgrim's progress, from this world to that which is to come. With notes and a life of the author by J. Ivimey. [With] Divine emblems
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Pilgrim's Progress, from This World to That Which Is to Come. With Notes ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
answered asked began believe better blessed brought Bunyan called cause Christ Christian church City comfort coming Conversation danger death desire divine door doth dream eyes fair faith fall father fear follow friends gate gave giant give given glory gone gospel grace Great-heart ground hand hast hath head hear heard heart heaven hill holy hope IGNOR Jesus John journey King leave light live look Lord means meet mind ministers nature never pass persons pilgrims poor pray prayer present reason received religion rest shew side sight sins soul speak spirit stand stood talk tell thee things thou thought told took town true truth turn unto Valley walk Wherefore young
204. oldal - He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength : He goeth on to meet the armed men. He mocketh at fear, and is not affrighted, Neither turneth he back from the sword. The quiver rattleth against him, The glittering spear and the shield. He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage; Neither believeth he that it is the sound of the trumpet. He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; And he smelleth the battle afar off, The thunder of the captains, and the shouting.
33. oldal - And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea ; into your hand are they delivered.
184. oldal - Will the Lord cast off for ever? And will he be favourable no more? Is his mercy clean gone for ever? Doth his promise fail for evermore? Hath God forgotten to be gracious? Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?
53. oldal - Sure I must fight if I would reign ; Increase my courage, Lord ! I'll bear the toil, endure the pain, Supported by Thy word.
317. oldal - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe : for there is no difference...
42. oldal - They shall come with weeping and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble; for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
51. oldal - Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
411. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me: Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
155. oldal - Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith: or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching : or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity: he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
392. oldal - There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.